For those of you in College...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Something Sexy

In Runtime
For those of you in college, I suppose high school could be included, bu do you guys have computer clubs or computer modding organzations at your school? If you do, how well do they work or how well are they setup that there are active members? Reason I am asking is I am thinking of starting a xtreme modding/cooling club or team, maybe not at a competive level but something for fun or passing on ideas and helping each other build projects. I go to a mainly engineering university, so I don't think I should have a problem finding members, just wondering what else might be out there to give me some ideas.

I am in college, and my school has no computer related clubs. There is just not enough people here interested in computers. What kind of computer related clubs does your college have?

Currently the only computer related club we have is our Counter Strike club, which is fairly big. But I want something with a little more creativity. What my goal is to get a bunch of students who are into overlcocking and extreme cooling together and design and build some nice chillers or phase changers. I am currently in the process of building my chiller and kinda would like to spread the information and knowledge around and recieve some as well. Just trying to gather some ideas now though on how this organzation should be setup and run I guess.

The best thing to do IMO would be to gain sposorships or supplies from different places...I would be much more tempted to join something like this if I could play with a godly FX-57 and not be working with second hand POS parts

This basically goes for everything from computer hardware to modding tools

At my college we have a computer club, open to many people of many majors (Due to our lack of students); and as of right now, we just have a semester LAN party, do community service projects, and all this that we do goes towards money and the money goes to a trip that either lands us in Kansas City or Boulder, CO.

We also have a CTEC club that does professional develoment, and allows us to meet people that are all over the technical building. This means that we actually have the possibility to meet women.

I'm in High-School we have a Club Tech Club. We jsut started we are going to do programming, Server stuff,Build and rebuild and my fav. Hardware hacking :D

I haven't tried on campus UGs usually off campus. We had an informal one (4 members) in our sorority. When we got called nerds (if you think guys have nasty peer pressure, wait till you see the female version) it quickly fell apart. So my best friend and I just joined an offcampus UG. Female techies are kinda rare...and discouraged by other females :(

assunta said:
I haven't tried on campus UGs usually off campus. We had an informal one (4 members) in our sorority. When we got called nerds (if you think guys have nasty peer pressure, wait till you see the female version) it quickly fell apart. So my best friend and I just joined an offcampus UG. Female techies are kinda rare...and discouraged by other females :(

I love girl techies...I wish there was more of them. I've I knew one I would ask her out in a heartbeat.

I haven't tried on campus UGs usually off campus. We had an informal one (4 members) in our sorority. When we got called nerds (if you think guys have nasty peer pressure, wait till you see the female version) it quickly fell apart. So my best friend and I just joined an offcampus UG. Female techies are kinda rare...and discouraged by other females

Female geeks are hot... and ones that admit they're geeks/nerds are a hard find.... i don't know why they hide that fact.

If any of you have seen "revenge of the nerds," you, like me, will realize that people will get back 10 fold the crap they do to us.

Anyway, i have only one gripe about computer-oriented clubs / orgs.... they seem to fall victim easily to groupthink.... i've seen it far too much. That also gives us the stereotype that we're hard to approach and whatnot.

Then again, just my take on them. They have their high-points, but some people if they see too much "uber-geekness", quickly shy away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom