Thinking to start learning Spanish again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I dunno. Every time I try to order a burger or get my car washed I end up speaking with abrupt body language because the other person either doesn't know, or refuses to speak English. It's gotten much worse over the last 5-10 years too.

Your living in part of the states that has a lot of immigration from mexico I am guessing, but here in the UK in parts it's bad there is a lot of areas outside manchester where you can go into a shop an have a hard time asking for a packet of fags in the right brand because the guy's english is so bad, in wales as I said there is people who only speak welsh thats a intresting experiance.

Sounds like pretty much the same thing except I'm dealing with Mexicans that don't want to speak English and you're dealing with Welsh. Either way, I think immigrants should respect the rules and regulations (including national language) of the county they are immigrating to, not completely disregard them.

The thing is though the welsh people are welsh, wales is a part of the UK that uggly little lump on the west cost. They are full british citizens but do not want to speak in english they can but they refuse to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom