Things that just aren't right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents did that last month. Got on this kick they were gonna buy me a new $25K car, and I told them no, either buy it later after this car has kicked the bucket or put it towards my college fund.

I should have taken the car :-/
(Because now, they don't want to do either...)

back to the topic... it just ain't right

I was listening to the radio and some guy called in to complain about people living illegally in the US.

His wife just gave birth to there first child, while in the hospital, in the shared room she was staying in, her roommate was a woman who was in the country illegally and did not even speak the language, was there also to give birth to her child.

Now what got this guys goat was the fact that all her medical care was provided for free by the hospital because she did not have insurance and was not a legal citizen, while this guy would have to come up the couple grand for the 20% his insurance did not cover. -- that just ain't right.

I wouldn't pursue that line of thought anymore if I were you (also applies to anyone else reading this) because you're dangerously close to violating our "no politics" rule, and if that line of thought continues, it could BECOME a totally politics dominated thread.

Hmm, "just wrong" would have to be those mammoth, bohemian, 450+ lb women and girls that seem to be indigenous to the warm climates of a California summer. I'm talking about the fattest girls you've ever seen, wearing the skimpiest things you could ever imagine, and walking in large groups in some public area - near children, nonetheless.

It takes a fair bit of restraint not to scream out for them to cover up their sagging, gelatinous girth.

mine is :

I saw a really fat cheer leader at another school and I was like wtf.

I thought it just wasn't right.

Going to college in TX, I saw my share of spoiled folks, since theres a bit of oil money to go around there. I remember seeing a girl, probably a freshman in college, driving a brand new maserati, I mention this since its the only time where I've seen such a young person drive such a vehicle. Never have I've seen that even in Europe. Then of course you have your select few that drive benzes and bimmers, and being in TX you had some kids driving excursions with crazy lifts, literally the vehicle was 12 ft tall, and 6 ft of ground clearance. Crazy.

Powerslave said:
mine is :

I saw a really fat cheer leader at another school and I was like wtf.

I thought it just wasn't right.

On that same note, when I was in high school, there was a fit with a teacher and all the cheer leaders stopped shaving their legs in a plea to get the teacher fired.

Didn't work.

None of them got laid for the rest of the year.

TriEclipse said:
What a piece of junk for $55,000.

A Corvette would smoke it for 10 Grand less.

Give me the Boxter anyday with its good set up for going *around* corners and smoothly over bumps. :)

The General said:
On that same note, when I was in high school, there was a fit with a teacher and all the cheer leaders stopped shaving their legs in a plea to get the teacher fired.

Didn't work.

None of them got laid for the rest of the year.

Roffles. :D

brady said:
Why do poor kids hate on rich kids? It ain't their fault your parents don't make very much money...

I'm not hating on the "rich" kids. I'm completely hating on their "parents". Giving them a vehicle that costs $50-$150K at 16-17 is an outrageously grotesque way of teaching the kid that he can get whatever he wants with out working for it. "Monetarily speaking".

I don't care if the kid is the #1 scholar in the world. Learning doesn't equal a $55,000.00 porsche boxster. Learning is something everyone has to do as human's. Some do it better then others.

Give the kid $55,000.00 as a investment, that he can't touch for many, many years... That's ok.

But a material item like a flashy, sports car... Is just not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom