Things that just aren't right...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Did you ever see something and say, "Oh, that's just not right!" Well, let's discuss those things.

MINE:

Today, a few kids that play in a summer camp here at work were talking. I over heard something about one of the boys, 17 years old just getting a new car from mom and dad for High School Graduation.

The words, "Porsche Boxster" were uddered. At first I didn't believe it. So a few minutes ago, I actually went outside and sure enough and brand new Convertible Porsche Boxster S is sitting there in the lot.
http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/boxster/boxster-s/ - it's this exact one.

This really, really makes me mad. A 17 year old kid should never under any circumstances be given a $55,000 vehicle for a present. Ever... Ever... Ever...Ever... EVER! It's just so unbelieveable wrong it's insane. This kid cannot in anyway understand what $55,000 is or what it takes to earn that kind of money. The bottomline is that it's just plain stupid.

If the kid was smart, he'd say, "Hey, mom & dad... If you're willing to drop $55,000 on a car, why don't you just buy me a cheap used car for $5,000." Give me the $50,000 and put it in a Money Market Account. $50,000 @ around 2.5% per month is $1,250 earned per month. Hold that account for about 10 years. When he gets out of college by 27 years old he'll have $150,000 3 times what was give to him. Over 30 years he could have close to a million if not more.

I hate rich people who give their kids insane gifts that are worth more then half of what I make in a year of hard work.

Agreed. My first car was a 1986 Pontiac Firebird that I bought for $900 with my own money just so my parents wouldn't have to pay anything for it, my little brother who is greedy and doesn't know what consideration is got my dad's 1998 S-10 for the 800 bucks he had, shortly after that he got a 2000 Allero, then he skipped school for a long amount of time and was "punished" with a 2004 Ford Mustang. I have since sold my firebird and got a 1989 Ford Bronco which costed $5,000 yet I would rather drive a clunker than make my parents spend any more money on me.

my parents are paying for my sisters college but when I go I refuse to take their money so Im gonna do ROTC. they also spent 5,000 dollars on a nissan sentra for her and I will definitely buy my own. my sister and brother are spoiled *****es

I dont know if youve ever been to or are from long island, but theres those towns out here where every 16-17 yo is driving a Benz or Porsche. When i worked out in East hampton, one of the really rich areas on long island there was a kid couldnt have been older then 18 driving a brand new Bentley and at that moment you just kinda get confused about life lol. Just to add my frist car a 1987 camaro for 350 bucks i got at a police auction that got taken away from a drunk driver lol

King X13 said:
I dont know if youve ever been to or are from long island, but theres those towns out here where every 16-17 yo is driving a Benz or Porsche. When i worked out in East hampton, one of the really rich areas on long island there was a kid couldnt have been older then 18 driving a brand new Bentley and at that moment you just kinda get confused about life lol. Just to add my frist car a 1987 camaro for 350 bucks i got at a police auction that got taken away from a drunk driver lol

Yeah, I know. I live in CT. I work in Fairfield County, which is loaded with money. I"m very familar with the hamptons, i usually take a trip there ever summer...

But, it's just mind boggling...

Will never happen in the UK. You will not get insured on it. :(

It shouldn't happen though, they will have no sense of money for their life probally.

On the topic of " just wrong", at the store my cousin used to be manager of, I once noticed this guy shopping there for purses and womens shoes, not in itself unheard of, the guy though had on some tight and short jean shorts on, heals, tight top, and breast implants, he was exceedinly ugly for either sex, apparantly he was a regular at my cousins store.

It's just not right when parents buy a kid who doesn't know a thing about computers all the parts he asks for without hesitation. So, there the kid is stockpiled with parts that he'll never use and that you're badly in need of.

Anyway, someone just gave me a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 card last night....I was never much of a sound freak, but man...this card is sweet! :D I think I'm in love...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom