Are These Illegal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Condraz23

Baseband Member
Hey everyone.

I was wondering whether the following were illegal or not...

Travelling to Antarctica

I'm thinking of going to Antarctica. Travelling to the bottom of the world would be harsh and dangerous. Yet, I really want to go there, se what Robert Falcon Scott and Roald Amundsen went through, an isolated portion of the Earth where no "normal" human has ever gone before. Obviously, I'll be fully-prepared and won't go to the centre of the continent, where winds can reach ultra-high speeds. I'd fancy exploring the outermost rim for a few hours before returning back to New Zealand. Now, New Zealand owns a few islands off the coast of Antarctica. Is is legal for me to visit these, just like the way it is legal for me to travel from one area of my country to another?

Keeping a pet fox

Is it legal to own a pet fox? Many of these canids are shot in farms and countrysides. Most are considered "pests" and definitely not endangered. I've heard that they are small loyal animals, albiet a bit wild-tempered and "crazy", digging holes and constantly running around all day long. A suitable environment for a pet fox would be a large house, with wide open outdoor spaces. Apparantly they're legal to keep and have no troubles with the authorities, with even some famous figuires owning one and some being sold at various newspapers. Sure, you may be thinking that they should live in their natural habitat. But most foxes feed by raiding food scraps, killing farm animals, and spreading diseases. They are therefore, seen as "pests" and not to mention that foxhunting is a major sport. Is it legal to own a pet fox, preferably raised since early childhood?

Thanks, I am looking forward to seeing your replies.

Going to Antarctica is legal, just as it's legal to go to any other country.

Keeping a pet fox is not legal in America as it is an endangered species. Beyond that, some pets are allowed and some are not, based on your house's zoning. There are zones where farm animals are allowed and some where they are not. At my house, I can only have dogs cats and indoor pets such as birds and rodents. No monkeys or goats or ducks or anything like cows or pigs, etc. I wish I could have a duck, lol.

I suspect that these are things very few law makers have considered making laws against.

Its perfectly legal to go to Antarctica, partly because there's no one whose got the legal authority to stop you. There are survey teams there (UK and USA and I think Canadian but i'm not too sure) but they aren't police.

As for a pet fox, whats the problem?

EDIT - Lol, I just read about silly American zoning laws. Oh how silly and beurocratic. I suspect the fox debate only matters under New Zealands laws and not America's. Lol, laws for what type of pets people can keep where. Not allowed a duck :p

Condraz23 said:
Travelling to Antarctica

I'm thinking of going to Antarctica. Travelling to the bottom of the world would be harsh and dangerous. Yet, I really want to go there, se what Robert Falcon Scott and Roald Amundsen went through, an isolated portion of the Earth where no "normal" human has ever gone before. Obviously, I'll be fully-prepared and won't go to the centre of the continent, where winds can reach ultra-high speeds. I'd fancy exploring the outermost rim for a few hours before returning back to New Zealand. Now, New Zealand owns a few islands off the coast of Antarctica. Is is legal for me to visit these, just like the way it is legal for me to travel from one area of my country to another?
You can travel down there for work. Like I was applying for a tech and operations manager 18 month contract down there last year. However they very strict, and they are normally after some one that is multi skilled. Ei, they have 2 professions, not any of these Jack Of All Trades Master Of None Types. However the pay is really good.

As for going back and forth from New Zealand..... I think you are going to be doing that from South America as Ushuaia is the most closest point to the south pole

You can get a pet fox, depending on local laws. However, you MUST have a special liscense to do so unless you want to get in serious trouble.

It may be illegal to have them as pets out there in California, but here in Kentucky people still shoot the dang things... Every year or two there is a mother fox that crosses the road with her babies all the time... Till one of them ******* immature red necks (nothing against rednecks its just there immature around here) went out and shot her and all her babies with a gun....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom