Was there a perfect DOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakec

Daemon Poster
Cubix,

Buddy, Internet was not around when DOS was, DOS predates anything Like Email Internet that sort of thing so you are going to have a hard time using it for the purposes you require, youd be better off with Somthing Like 98'

Jake

I'm not sure it would be uncrashable.
but anyway, DOS was replaced because Windows was a lot easier to use. "just point and click"
the first Windows was technically not an OS though. it was a program that ran on DOS.

the reason Microsoft did not make it an OS, was because they had signed a contract with IBM saying they would not make another OS. they were co-developing OS/2 with IBM at the time.

DOS didnt have a tcp/ip stack so internet wasnt happening, although later on a few versions of add on tcp/ip stacks were made but they werent all that great

DOS is still alive and well even today though, the freeDOS project is all open source and in use

perfect?not hardly, no OS is perfect

umm, it would be fast? I remember back when I had dos 6.22 and win 3.1, those were the days.

You can't get any more secure with DOS though, as there is no internet. ;)

I am sure someone could write a program to crash DOS. :p

Actualy it would be, because Horndude just said they made TCP/IP stacks so you could have interweb ;) Do you not use command prompt to look at IP and other "stuff"? Yea, its DOS.

P.P. Mguire said:
Actualy it would be, because Horndude just said they made TCP/IP stacks so you could have interweb ;) Do you not use command prompt to look at IP and other "stuff"? Yea, its DOS.

A command prompt is not DOS really. You can launch 32 and 64 bit apps in a command prompt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom