Is there an Invisible mode for AIM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh

Desktop Engineer
Just curious. I read that there is, did some research, but there isn't any specifics on how to be "invisible". As in, be online and chat with friends but seem offline to others. Thanks.

Yes there is. Im assuming your using the new version triton or w/e. If you go to the top where it says your user name right about your buddy list, it says "I am....." CLick on the "i am" and scroll down to "invisible".

invis6ul.png

haha thanks diabloII. I just got rid of normal aim and got triton so I could get it. thanks alot for your effort though!

Triton is just a cheap immitation of Trillian except they don't sort the screen names according to weather users are away, online, or using a mobile device. I like the old AIM if I'm using my shitty backup computer but not Triton. And I use Trillian if I'm using my high performance PC.

everything lol. For one I hate it when they have to update it to a 'brand new hip look!'. Beyond that it seems more intrusive then ever compared to AIM as far as them installing a bunch of crap everywhere in your computer and needing a restart to install or uninstall it. A little message program shouldn't need anything fancy that starts up with your system.

Buuut most of the time I just hate new programs because they try and put more and more crap in there and it just becomes a bothersome program. I like the good old fashioned aim personally. You gotta go to the win98 section to find it instead of downloading triton

love my original AIM, i have triton on the other comp and it sux..too complex, too many options, AIM is for chatting not for looking hip or w/e

Meh, i had the original AIM for awhile and when triton came out i got it without realizing it for my new compy. I hated it at first but after using it for awhile im beggining to like it. Still dont know how to do everthing like in the earlier one, but im getting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom