Theoretically...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yami

Lady Techie
Suppose, theoretically of course, that someone had a grandfather they like to play tricks on from time to time. And suppose, theoretically, that said grandfather had just got a bunch of new parts which would happen to include a video card capable of rotating the screen via software settings. And finally, how would someone theoretically go about making it so that the next time this theoretical system starts up, the screen somehow magically turns upside down?

Theoretically,
Yami

In Windows 7 (Not sure of Vista) you can right click the desktop, and go to the Resolution tab. You can change the orientation from Landscape, to landscape (flipped). You should also be able to do this with CCC (I know you can.) Not sure about Nvidia cards. Theoretically, you would have to ask someone else about a 9500GT.

I think you misunderstood me :) I know for sure I can do that, I just want to be able to force it to go upside down on boot (or login).

I think you misunderstood me :) I know for sure I can do that, I just want to be able to force it to go upside down on boot (or login).

I understood, but you're most likely looking at registry edits that are done to the computer. Chances of finding those edits, and being able to do them while your gramps is on/around, is going to be very difficult, theoretically.

Ah, right, probably not worth it then. Thanks for the help!

what os is this someone's grandpa running? apparently in xp, you can rotate the desktop by pressing ctrl + alt + a directional arrow. maybe you could theoretically use that somehow.

^ but theoretically that is only available if they are bound as hot keys. and the only gfx i have seen to have them default to is intel integrated graphics.

Suppose, hypothetically of course, that someone had a grandfather they like to play tricks on from time to time. And suppose, hypothetically, that said grandfather had just got a bunch of new parts which would happen to include a video card capable of rotating the screen via software settings. And finally, how would someone hypothetically go about making it so that the next time this hypothetically system starts up, the screen somehow magically turns upside down?

Hypothetically,
Yami
Depends, what is the software and how does it work?

Also, a theory is a model, built on evidence, detailing how a known fact/phenomena works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom