Thechnological Ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much bugs me about tech ignorant people, but working in a computer shop in west virginia, you have to quell it a little to get by, haha.

One thing I used to hate was the tards who didn't want to upgarde from AOL dialup to Qwest DSL. i mean it was like $10 less per month and a ton faster and they still wouldn't do it! They have no concept of what the internet is without AOL!

Ugh, AOL is the bane of our existence too. Problem in WV is that while DSL is spreading, there are still some areas you can't get it...

HAVOC said:
If you ask 100 random people if they have ever heard of AMD what would the percentages be?

IF you ask 100 random people if they have ever heard of INTEL what would the percentages be?
Big advertising bucks and cut-throat monopolization practices in action. How many AMD commercials have any of us ever seen? Intel was pumping them out left and right for quite a while and still floats them (and has OEM's tack it on back of theirs).

And then you get into Intel holding OEms hostage by threatening to drop them if they used AMD chips. HP finally called their bluff, but it took others a long, long time to finally make the move.

lol, i have had things like this happen to me. About 2 years ago i built a computer for a neibor...and he kept on demanding that i use a Socket A HDD (yes he was saying hard drive, not cpu) i told him that Socket A is a type of cpu interface and it took me about 10 mins to convince him of that, all the time when i was saying this tech was old, quite old, and i found out that is was his son that was saying he needed a socket A HDD, anyways, his dad and son both called me the next day and were still saying they wanted a Socket A computer because it was top of the line. The kid was SOOO annoying, he would not shut up, i couldn't get a word in, i ended up saying, ok, i will build you this computer. I ended up not building a computer with A Socket A cpu....but i told them that i did lol. Normally i would never had done that, but i could not stand them any longer.

Lol Socket A was top of the line almost a decade ago, what would his kid know about it? Must have picked up the stock copy of PC World at the dentist office or something.

lol, i have had things like this happen to me. About 2 years ago i built a computer for a neibor...and he kept on demanding that i use a Socket A HDD (yes he was saying hard drive, not cpu) i told him that Socket A is a type of cpu interface and it took me about 10 mins to convince him of that, all the time when i was saying this tech was old, quite old, and i found out that is was his son that was saying he needed a socket A HDD, anyways, his dad and son both called me the next day and were still saying they wanted a Socket A computer because it was top of the line. The kid was SOOO annoying, he would not shut up, i couldn't get a word in, i ended up saying, ok, i will build you this computer. I ended up not building a computer with A Socket A cpu....but i told them that i did lol. Normally i would never had done that, but i could not stand them any longer.

I hate people like that. Or what about the people who claim to their friends that they run tri sli 8800gts?

Yeah since when do IBM employees know a thing about pc tech. IBM gave up on that market 20 years ago! They are all into servers, mainframes and super computers now. Suit and tie stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom