text message

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITwannabee

In Runtime
Hi all!!!

i was wondering if you guys can explain something to me for. yesterday, i started getting all kinds of text messages on my cell phone. the weird thing is that it had peoples screen names and their messages. it seems like my phone was in a chat room or intercepting IM messages online. I don't even have access to the internet on my phone but it has the capability. i have the sony ericsson p800.

Can someone please explain to me what happened? I'm just a little bit curious about this situation.

Thanks a bunch!!!

I know on MSN Messenger and AIM if you sign up, you can have people send IM's directly to your phone. It can be nice, and it can be a hassle. SO if you have either one of those messengers check to see if you signed up to allow people to send your phone messages. If not, I have no other idea.

You can send messages to a cell phoen without being signed up through AIM I know.

say your number is 708-429-9876, then just send an IM to :

+17084299876 with less then 200 letters in the message and it works perfectly.

wow, thanks for the info. the thing is, i was receiving their conversation thru my text messages. I was able to receive everything they were messaging to each other.

How odd huh. Well, i turned off my phone and turned it back on then i haven't received it since.

Thanks for the info though guys...

If you send an IM from your cell phone to someone else's cell phone your carrier will charge you for it. That's how you can get charged, you don't through MSN and AIM though.

toxicity_27 said:
I know on MSN Messenger and AIM if you sign up, you can have people send IM's directly to your phone. It can be nice, and it can be a hassle. SO if you have either one of those messengers check to see if you signed up to allow people to send your phone messages. If not, I have no other idea.
I like my privacy away from the computer.

I remember that ICQ could send SMS to people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom