Texas Hold'em

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used both partypoker and pokerstars. Currently using pokerstars.

I have done alright. Started an account with $100 a few months back, have about $400 in there now ;)

I definitely like playing live much more though. There is a card room super close to my house were I'll play 3-6 sometimes. Then, a group of friends I play with get together at least a couple times a month. I have taken a lot of money from them as well :p

I started with $25 in my account....I've got about...mmmmmmm................$0 in there now :D

I watched two people betting thousands. It was crazy. Dude lost $8000 and immediately came back in with $5000 and was all "No biggie, I'll have it back by tonight"

i play using play chips.. so anyone feel like playing for free using play chips give download fulltilt and ill play with ya

just got back from a game actually...I'm a pretty avid player, pretty much play at least twice at week if not more, was one point when we played for about 20 hours straight I believe it was

I wouldn't play online for money considering you can't get any reads at all and I think its BS...I don't think they predetermine a winner but they set up a lot of hands so they'll be a lot of huge hands and lots of pot action...plus my buddy lost about $700 online which is quite a lot for a 17 year old

i personally dont see why poker got so freakin huge im mean come on, it's just a card game and they're calling it a sport and giving it it's own world series.

what has the world come to?

no ofence to poker addicts, just dont think of it as a sport.
You gotta play it a lot and lot into the strategy to really appreciate it as a sport...most people will just say "ah yeah that crap is all lucK" when really it all comes down to your skill to pick up reads and play your hands to get the most out of the pot, and you can also be put in some very tough choices

For example, imagine a situation where running clubs come down on the flop and you're sitting with pocket aces with the ace of clubs and you're opponent pushes a few thousand into the pot...it gets INTENSE

anymore you check ESPN< or the DUCE, and you get more poker results than college tourny results.
but texas holdem is way more fun that 5, or 7 card.
i used to play alot but i get so worked up over it, and have got in huge fights w/ friends because of little $50 games going south on someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom