Terrorism in Greece

Status
Not open for further replies.

mssssee2

Graphic Designer
Here in Greece declerations about terrorism hav ebeen sound till the second day of the Greek fires, because an idiot politician talked about "a new way of terrorism", in order to enhance his political profile for the 11/16 elections . Don't worry Greece ain't have any terrorism, they are just building corporations that want to build cottages and they are not allowed by the Greek state. Terrorsim and rubbish. Terrorrism in Greece has been defeated for 3 years after a thirty year of operation of the terrorist of "17 November" which all members are in jail. I repeat it : There's no terrorism in Greece, just some idIOt politicians:D :D :D .

Nah, just the half south greece is on fire...

Some people call it terrorism, but i call it money,
_44082613_greece_fires_satel_416map.jpg

News In English BBC.CO.UK

The only environmental terrorism I am aware of is a plan that was discussed a few years ago as a what if scenario that involved dumping toxic waste into the water supply.

I am just glad you are safe mssssee2.

I call it money, too. From what I know, corporations aren't allowed to build on wooded areas. So sometimes corps will hire people to burn certain areas so they can then be built on (since it's no longer wooded land after a fire). There's some speculation that this was such an arson that got well out of hand and I believe that there were some arrests to that effect.

As far as terrorism, I don't but it. Not yet. There are a few terrorist groups known to be working in Greece. One is an ultra left group that shot a rocket a government building a year or two ago. I think that linking two is absolutely absurd and smacks of fear mongering more than anything else.

No it wasn't a goverment building, it was an USA consulate and the organisation was E.L.A (don't know what it means), but it is almost harmless, it is even less dangerous than people designing offensive graffiti. What I liked at that case is that the rocket exploded inside a toilet. What would occur if someone was using it?:)

I am just glad you are safe mssssee2.

Thanks I live in Northern Greece in the second biggest city of Greece (Salonika with other 2 million citizens). There was no chance for me to get burned if there were fires nearby for two reasons :

1) I'm 100% urban, I don't even have a cootage in a village, as many friends of mine do.

2) Even if there were fires nearby what could they burn? Salonika has just 2,56% greenery. That's both good and bad.

Hopefully a friend of mine who had a cottage in a village near the forest fires is safe, and his cottage safe too.

Luckily forest fires hav started decreasing, and hopefully Greek govermnent gave an immediate compensation to those who their property has been destroyed or they have special needs due to fires, also banks help them by ceasing the payment for 6-12 months for those who took loans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom