Terminator Salvation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comes out tomorrow in Australia. I am going to try to catch a session tomorrow night. However with me making plans for the week end, I am not sure if I am going to find the time.

I saw it Friday night.

I have to say it's not as good as I'd hoped. It definitely has its issues. That being said, I still liked it and would recommend it.

Pros:
Great action scenes.
Good development of the new Terminator character.
Great visuals, sound, and effects.
Good story line
Christian Bale and Sam Worthington performed great
Moon Bloodgood is super hot IMO.

The Governator kicks some serious ***!!

Cons:
The story seemed way too rushed.
There are some major inconsistencies with the story line of the first 3 movies. Like:

In the first movie it was portrayed that the survivors of Judgment Day were terrified to go outside and had to live very cautious lives. In this movie they are just out in the open with jets and Hueys and all sorts of "in-you-face" warfare.

I really don't think a Terminator, whether created from a human brain and body or not, would be programmed (or lack of programming rather) to actually go against the machines

John Connor didn't really seem like the leader to me. He's more like Three Dog in Fallout 3...an influential voice of the people. The John Connor that Sarah raised wouldn't stand for his own character.

The Kyle Reese story was kind of weird to me. I think they pushed his character a bit too much.

pretty much agree 100% good story and good action

And there any not enough already with Terminator : The Sarah Conner Chronicles.....?
You're totally right. I think the problem is that the whole series/story has been piece-milled together. However, Salvation has inconsistencies even outside the other inconsistencies. I don't know if you read any of my spoiler stuff, but once you see it you'll see what I'm saying.

Ah, the movie theatres. I only go with the kids once in a while, since I put together my latest über home-cinema setup I just don't see the need.

Back on-topic, T3 was pure and utter poooooo, but I almost look forward to Salvation since I liked Bale in Psycho, Batman and to a certain extent Yuma. I'll probably preorder the Blu-Ray though!

Just saw Salvation. It was ok, but really doesn't live up to the Terminator name (i dont consider 3 part of it...trash).

They really had to spell everything out. There werent really any suprises, and when you had just been shown something, they had to tell you anyway, just in case your IQ is 60 and you didnt get it... Not very advanced movie making, but ok for an action flick.

It's tight arse tuesday tonight. Might catch a session. Normally i would be seeing some thing like this on opening night, but i have been a little busy over he last few days.

Came back from seeing it...

Finally a Terminator movie with the fight in the future. Unlike previous movies where the the future was shown in the form of dreams and flash back.

I really did like the carrier transport termintor and how it housed both a HK and a Goliath. And the fact that the Goliath still held another 2 more motorcycle terminators.

Bale did an excellent job acting John Conner. Much better job than Nicolas Stahl, and much better than that (still) whinny bratt Edward Furlong.

They really have FUBARed time line even futher in this movie. However they have failed to explain to the audiance (in the movie or TV series) is that the Terminator times exist as a series of parralle realities.

The CGI Arnold Schwarzenegger towards the end. Sure, he was build up, but he was not that built up.

Part from that, I did like what i saw. I do look forward to the next 2 movies.

There are some major inconsistencies with the story line of the first 3 movies.
The problem with Terminator is that it exist on a series of parralle time lines. Simulare to the Butterfly Effect Movies.

Like in a nut shell, you have the following time lines. Lets just stick to the movies. Forget the Comics and TV series as they will complicate things even further..
* Original timeline where Kyle Reese is NOT John Conner's Father. Judgment Day is on August 29, 1997. Skynet sends a T800 to kill Sarah Conner.

* Timeline where Kyle Reese goes back in time to protect Sarah Conner. Sarah is locked up in a nut house. Events of Terminator 2 does not happen. John Conner meets up with Katherine Brewster back in 1995. Judgment Day still happens on August 29, 1997

* Timeline where Skynet send back T1000 to kill John Conner in 1995. In the end John/Sarah figures that they saved the future from Judgement Day. However Judgement Day is only moved up to the July 25, 2004. These events then lead up to Skynet send the TX to 2004. And then later on to Terminator Salvation.

For more reading, check out
Timeline - Terminator 4 (Terminator Salvation)
http://terminator.wikia.com/wiki/The_Terminator_(timeline)
http://terminator.wikia.com/wiki/Terminator_2:_Judgment_Day_(timeline)
http://terminator.wikia.com/wiki/Terminator_3:_Rise_of_the_Machines_(timeline)
http://terminator.wikia.com/wiki/Terminator_Salvation_(timeline)

And then there is a another big problem. How did Skynet know that the other termintors had failed? And if Skynet really wants kill John Conner, why don't they NOT make a time machine, thus not having Kyle Reese going back in time.

John Connor didn't really seem like the leader to me. He's more like Three Dog in Fallout 3...an influential voice of the people. The John Connor that Sarah raised wouldn't stand for his own character.
The problem is that the John and the people close around him knows that he's this "Great Military Leader", but the rest of the world is just does not know it yet. Like is close friends might know that he's have previous terminators being sent back in time. However rest of the world most like thinks that he's just some punk that happened to be in the right place at the right time on Judgement Day with a track record for having a mom in a nut house and a history of blowing up things.

Well, when you explain it it makes sense...haha! The whole timeline thing just confuses me. It's like Hurley and Miles arguing about it in Lost. There's way too much to wrap the brain around. I'll read up a bit more on the wiki pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom