Terminator Salvation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all about watching a good movie in the theater...especially with all the "new" features like stadium seating, digital sound and video, and...omg...the popcorn!

Yeah every once in a while they will show a movie from as early as 2005 on the big screen here. But that's okay, they serve beer and food to you inside the movie and most of the theaters have "VIP" rooms where all of the seats are leather recliners and less people. I LOVE BEER IN A MOVIE THEATER:D

My local movie theater has a full menu, with waiters and everything....and yes they have beer, both domestic and imports as well as rums and the sort.

And the food is actually very good....i go there just to eat sometimes, since theres a dining area in the main lobby.

Popcorn at the movie theater is pretty hard to beat. More butter please!!

I really wish they do that down here. Aussie Movie Theater Popcorn is tehsuck. It this powdered butter garbage which is extreme salty.

My local movie theater has a full menu, with waiters and everything....and yes they have beer, both domestic and imports as well as rums and the sort.

And the food is actually very good....i go there just to eat sometimes, since theres a dining area in the main lobby.

That's the same here, they even have a great sushi bar. Tickets are only $3 USD which is nice.

I really wish they do that down here. Aussie Movie Theater Popcorn is tehsuck. It this powdered butter garbage which is extreme salty.

That is crap! The movie theater is supposed to offer great popcorn before any other food/beverage. Lame, I feel sorry for Aus :(

I saw the movie 2 hours ago.

It was pretty decent. Christian Bale played a really solid John Connor. The story line isn't as "intense" as say, Terminator 2, but in Terminator 2 you also had to take a lot in because that's when they really developed the details about how the terminators travel in time, judgment day, etc. It's like Terminator 1 2 and 3 already had the bulk of the story line for Terminator 4 laid out. So having seen the previous movies, going into it I already knew a truckload so there wasn't a lot of gaps to be filled.

I thought it was solid. Definitely better than 3, even though I enjoyed 3, but I don't think any of them match Terminator 2. Terminator 2 will always stand out to me.

One thing I really enjoyed about Terminator 4 is the way the fighting styles were. There were a lot of scenes where you could see the way John handled an action scene and I would immediately think back to Terminator 2 when his own mother handled the situation in the same manner. I just liked seeing that indirect relation present.

My favorites of the Terminator series go: 2, 4, 1, 3.

My local theatre charges 12 dollars for a nachos/soda combo. How is it possible for movie theatres to be in business if top dogs like GM are suffering? GM slashes prices by 10k and can't make a sale while I have to barf up a 20 dollar bill to get any sort of miniature meal out of the joint.

I got 2 free tickets to see terminator and i'll be seeing it on tuesday. I've heard so far that it's meh, but its worth it to see if its free.

I got 2 free tickets to see terminator and i'll be seeing it on tuesday. I've heard so far that it's meh, but its worth it to see if its free.

It's well worth it to see even if you have to pay the overpriced ticket cost. I just don't think it's one I'd rush out to grab on DVD.

I saw it Friday night.

I have to say it's not as good as I'd hoped. It definitely has its issues. That being said, I still liked it and would recommend it.

Pros:
Great action scenes.
Good development of the new Terminator character.
Great visuals, sound, and effects.
Good story line
Christian Bale and Sam Worthington performed great
Moon Bloodgood is super hot IMO.

The Governator kicks some serious ***!!

Cons:
The story seemed way too rushed.
There are some major inconsistencies with the story line of the first 3 movies. Like:

In the first movie it was portrayed that the survivors of Judgment Day were terrified to go outside and had to live very cautious lives. In this movie they are just out in the open with jets and Hueys and all sorts of "in-you-face" warfare.

I really don't think a Terminator, whether created from a human brain and body or not, would be programmed (or lack of programming rather) to actually go against the machines

John Connor didn't really seem like the leader to me. He's more like Three Dog in Fallout 3...an influential voice of the people. The John Connor that Sarah raised wouldn't stand for his own character.

The Kyle Reese story was kind of weird to me. I think they pushed his character a bit too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom