Terminator 4 Summer 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

NayNay1991x

PeugeotEnthusiast
So After the first release of T1 then T2 then T3 and now Terminator 4.. From what i Think T3 Kinda Sucked because James Cameron didnt Direct the film..

Terminator 4 (2009)

Starring: To be announced
Director: Jonathan Mostow
Rated: Unrated
U.S. Opening Date: Summer 2009

Why anyone would be clamouring for a fourth Terminator movie after the disappointing Terminator 3 – Rise of the Machines is a bit of a mystery. Just shows you mankind's proclivity for unwarranted optimism I suppose . . .

Not even the money people would want another Terminator movie: the last one was so hugely expensive to make because of the legal fees involved to secure the rights as well as a salary large enough to buy a small country to entice the current governor of California back to the franchise that although the movie made oodles at the box office, it in fact barely recouped its costs.

It did however provide a massive salary for all the movie's key personnel though . . .

Anyway, it seems that director Jonathan Mostow who directed Terminator 3 has set aside some time in his schedule to direct this fourth installment. It doesn't seem as if director James Cameron who directed and wrote the first two brilliant Terminator movies would be involved in any way . . . and neither are the two young stars of Terminator 3 either: Claire Danes and Nick Stahl haven't been signed on?

And Arnie? Apparently they're in discussions for him to appear in a small role in the upcoming movie. Can anyone else be the Terminator? Who knows? The Rock said he could be . . . and say what you will at least The Rock won't be getting pensioner's discount on the buses anytime soon . . .

The plot? Apparently the already finished script by John D. Brancato and Michael Ferris (who both did Terminator 3) skips ahead several years into the future from the ending of Terminator 3 and features a much older John Connor leading the rebellion of humans against the machines.

To be honest I'd rather have a plot in which they sent a Terminator back in time to prevent the two scribes from ever finishing the Terminator 3 script never mind this one! "

TERMINATOR 4 - PREVIEW

4 Words Screwed Terminator "Judgment Day is inevitable"

T3 sucked for the following 2 lines

John Connor: No, you shouldn't exist. We took out Cyberdyne over ten years ago. We stopped Judgment Day.
Terminator: You only postponed it. Judgment Day is inevitable.

The first 2 movies had the line "Fate Is What We Make" drumming down at you. However when terminator telling every one that Judgement has only been postphoned just completely F**Ked up the first 2 films.

If "Judgment Day is inevitable", then.....
Why bother telling Sarah Conner all the important information about John causes and effects for Judgement day in the first movie.

Why bother trying to blow up Cyberdine System in second movie.

10 years later with a changed time line, why would John Conner and all his freinds still be important targets?

Sure, I would beleive that humanity would of still been down on the same path of self distruction like it was in the first 2 movies. But having the exactly the same group of inviduals making the rising up against the machinese is a little far fetched.

Hopefully T4 will do 2 things.
1. Write out T3 from canon continuity. Simulare to Highlander 2.
2. T4's plot involves some thing where stops the entire events of T3 from ever happening.

T3 would of been a lot better if both the TX was just sent back in time to change events put judgement day back on course. Not this "Judgment Day is inevitable" BS.

Because if any who read the T2 book, in the future, Terminator 1 T-800, Cyle Reese where sent first. And shortly after sending Cyle, the human resitance encountered a sample of the T-1000, alone with evendance of it getting sent back to the 1990's. Therefore they reprogramed a T-800 to got back in order to protect John.
So Judgement Day or not, from this (now) bubble universe they could of sent back countless Terminator Machinese to the past in order to change events of the futures. Infact the Dark Horse Terminator Comic Book Series did exactly that.

So why they h3ll did they have to F**Ked T3 with this "Judgment Day is inevitable" BS is beyond me.

And Arnie? Apparently they're in discussions for him to appear in a small role in the upcoming movie. Can anyone else be the Terminator? Who knows? The Rock said he could be . . . and say what you will at least The Rock won't be getting pensioner's discount on the buses anytime soon . . .

I think they should try to keep the Govonator in with the forth film. Sure, he's getting old, however with a few trips to the Gym and bit of make up, I am sure they can buff him up. Like he still looked good in T3. And that is compairing him to the way he looked in some previous films like Sixth Day or Collateral Damage.

As for the Rock. I am not sure if I could take him seriously in a Terminator Film. Like all the other films he's been in, Welcome to the jungle, Walking Talk, Doom, Scorpion King..... his perfomance at mostly laughable.

I hate when people decide to make a sequel to a movie years and years down the road and just absolutely butcher it. To me I prefer the orginial characters of a movie, but I personally haaaate when almost the whole case isnt almost completely changed.

As far as this movie goes, bad idea.

I hate when people decide to make a sequel to a movie years and years down the road and just absolutely butcher it. To me I prefer the orginial characters of a movie, but I personally haaaate when almost the whole case isnt almost completely changed.

As far as this movie goes, bad idea.

Live Free or Die Hard kicked ***

i havent seen T3 yet but alot of my friends liked it, so ill have to watch it soon

I believe that the whole project gets kinda boring. It sucks at all cause despite the plot difference there is actually the same story.

The rock can't act just like queen latifa (sp?) and if he was the star in T4 I wouldn't go and see it. I like Harpers idea of T3 being a bubble unerverse,

therock>=Jlo, Queen Latifa

all those actor/actresses suck, and Scorpion King sucked 2. T3 was kinda shor and not as interesting though, they should've put a hotter chick in it like that ho from Ultraviolet

lol Ho is no filtered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom