Teh 1337est cooling EVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, I've seen it done many times. However I wonder how long it'd actually last like that.

for some reason i cannot have a fan spinning near my computer.
I get really weird stuff on my screen. Same as some cellphones, if they are within 10 feet of my computer and they are on it will distort my monitor.

Well I am guessing the fan uses some kind of motor which has a magnet in it to create the movement hence the distortion. I don't know about the cell phones.

Soundmaster2.0 said:
Well I am guessing the fan uses some kind of mortor which has a magnet in it to create the movement hence the distortion. I don't know about the cell phones.
alll electric motors use magnets, so yeah, it's possible.

My CRT got lots of distortion from my fan, and whenever my cellphone refreshed looking for voicemail messages, if the phone was really close to the monitor.

Soundmaster2.0 said:
Well I am guessing the fan uses some kind of mortor which has a magnet in it to create the movement hence the distortion. I don't know about the cell phones.

ummmm... isnt that the priciple of ALL motors?

joshd said:
ummmm... isnt that the priciple of ALL motors?
Just electric ones... so, unless you have a gas-powered fan, you're gonna have magnets (although I guess then it would be an "engine", not a "motor").

lol nice idea, I was doing the same thing with a floor fan a couple weeks ago, minus the bag. Oh and I get distortion with my cell through my flat screen crt monitor. never my regular crt monitor and both are hooked up right next to each other., and its only when i recieve a signal like a message or incoming call. wierd

I was saying that the fan motor does have a magnet but the reason I said "guessing" was that with people on here you don't know what thir fan runs off of ie. engine,motor,small furry creature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom