"Techies" on the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
"*cough*hinthint*cough*barf*...."

003 said:
I know all about hardware, the BIOS, overclocking/modding, software and how DOS works.

There will always be people who pretend to know more then they really do.
I agree. Especially those people who are always BASHING something that they know little to nothing about. :confused:

I see allot of members (new ones in particular) who's opinions really just come from their n00b friends at school who say something SUCKS just to sound cool in front of their friends, then the person who hears what the n00b said goes to techist.com and starts trying to spread his n00b information to us, as if we will take it seriously... Then they get PWN3D, and are so embarrassed that they canÂ’t sleep at night, donÂ’t want to get out of bed, and even contemplating suicide. Then they start putting on makeup, wearing their sister's jeans and are always talking about how no one understands them while cutting their wrists.

The circle of Pwntage :D :cool:

Dr.Gootch said:
whats a HDD ? lol j/k, im A+ cert so i know my stuff and keep ontop of new tech ^^ i got like 5 pc mag subscriptions.

I've seen some pretty stupid A+ certified people.

Re: "*cough*hinthint*cough*barf*...."

ATIRAGEPRO said:
I agree. Especially those people who are always BASHING something that they know little to nothing about. :confused:

I see allot of members (new ones in particular) who's opinions really just come from their n00b friends at school who say something SUCKS just to sound cool in front of their friends, then the person who hears what the n00b said goes to techist.com and starts trying to spread his n00b information to us, as if we will take it seriously... Then they get PWN3D, and are so embarrassed that they canÂ’t sleep at night, donÂ’t want to get out of bed, and even contemplating suicide. Then they start putting on makeup, wearing their sister's jeans and are always talking about how no one understands them while cutting their wrists.

The circle of Pwntage :D :cool:

Well said man lol.

Theres alot of these little kids in here that opened up there mommys computer, read online about the number 1 and number 2 computer chip out, and they think they know everything. Anyone in here over the age of 20 prob knows that you dont need a 7,000 dollar pc with the lastest chip that your getting that didnt even come out yet, just to play everquest or something.

@ Firefox Yea same here. Even though if you REALLY knew anything about computers, then you would know that on some OLD bios' like Pentium 1 and 2 ages you could format your HDD through the bios ;)

hmm...have a screen shot of that ?? cuz as far as i know you need the format.com file to even proform the format which even you would still need to load some sort of OS, such as dos to run the command. how the bios could possibley do that is beyond me. i have several Pentium, pentium1 and pentium 2 systems around me at the moment and never seen on of there bios allow this. not saying its impossible but id like to see it.

I've also never heard of that...BLASPHEMY! ;)

On a more serious note, PP, explain.

PP is right about some of the old bioses having a "format" capability. The ones I have seen had "low level formatting" which just fills up the hdd with 0's. Low level formatting takes a long time and makes it harder to recover files too.

King X13, you do not necessarily need format.com and dos to format. Linux is a completely different operating system and can format without format.com as well. So can Solaris, *BSD, and Unixes.

sLowLevel.jpg

lol yeah i know that sevoma, i was just bringing it on a real simple level with dos, didnt think i would have to list every way of formating lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom