"Techies" on the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

magouster

Daemon Poster
This is not meant to start a fight or flameware or anything, so kindly refrain from doing so!

I have read through the "Building basic/high performance systems" sections, and just realised with a shock, that a lot of the people on the forum give advice about the best hardware to noobs and such, but yet know very little about the basics of computing! Hehe, honestly, I don't know why I'm surprised. :D

There's one guy (no names mentioned) for instance, who doles out all sorts of advice on hardware, but doesn't know how and where to format a HDD.
Maybe in the BIOS somewhere?
:D

Doesn't it make sense to know the basics of how to manage and set up a PC anymore? It scares me that people come here to ask advice on their problems, only to be "helped" by certain members who know nothing themselves!

Obviously, this isn't aimed at everyone here. Those who know what they're talking about on TF know who they are anyway, and the rest of us know as well.

Okay, thank you for enduring the emptying of my brain on this subject.

magouster said:
There's one guy (no names mentioned) for instance, who doles out all sorts of advice on hardware, but doesn't know how and where to format a HDD. :D

Noob @ "Building basic/high performance systems" sections
Maybe in the BIOS somewhere?

LoL, someone who is giving advise how to build a PC cant even format?

Hawk, you shouldn't have named anybody, now I'm gonna get in trouble with the mods about starting a thread that leads to a flame contest. Aw man, and I've already been in trouble recently.

magouster said:
This is not meant to start a fight or flameware or anything, so kindly refrain from doing so!

I have read through the "Building basic/high performance systems" sections, and just realised with a shock, that a lot of the people on the forum give advice about the best hardware to noobs and such, but yet know very little about the basics of computing! Hehe, honestly, I don't know why I'm surprised. :D

There's one guy (no names mentioned) for instance, who doles out all sorts of advice on hardware, but doesn't know how and where to format a HDD. :D

Doesn't it make sense to know the basics of how to manage and set up a PC anymore? It scares me that people come here to ask advice on their problems, only to be "helped" by certain members who know nothing themselves!

Obviously, this isn't aimed at everyone here. Those who know what they're talking about on TF know who they are anyway, and the rest of us know as well.

Okay, thank you for enduring the emptying of my brain on this subject.

Thats funny....I was just thinking that same thing myself. The problem is, everyone reads what the few knowledable people post and recreate the post when someone else asks the question. That is also why the same exact brands get promoted here when a lot of the other forums say they suck.

brady said:
Can you guys teach me how to format my Hard Drive?

It's somewheres in the BIOS, isn't it? :p Actually, the best way is to just put a brand new windows install cd into your drive and install windows overtop of windows...yep, that's definitely the best way, but people aren't smart enough to figure out that Microsoft knows best.

brady said:
Btw... What does HDD stand for????

Highly Demented Demon.

On a more serious note....I need to laugh because...hahahahaha...in the BIOS...hahaha....hahahahah...HaHaHaAhAhAh....

Ok, I'm good now. *wanders off*

I know all about hardware, the BIOS, overclocking/modding, software and how DOS works.

There will always be people who pretend to know more then they really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom