Tech support storie

Status
Not open for further replies.

kizzeith

In Runtime
Have any of you worked tech support? If you have, you have stories.

One of my favorites was the guy that called in and said that he had a brand new Sony UA-10 (Vaio) and needed to set up his "innernet"

A friend of mine worked as a sys admin at a media company. Anyways, he gets a call from a really angry executive, yelling at him that there is a 'serious error with the system again' and why can't you ever have the system up and running. When he asks him what it says on the screen the ex. answers 'can't remember system error, something'.

A bit confused (apart from this phone-call, everything looks fine) my friend runs into his office, pushes the start button on the computer and gets the message 'Non system disk error'....

This must be one of the classics..

I was just on the phone with a lady, and I asked her to go to the windows update page. She said ok. I waited on the fone for about 3 - 5 mins and shes like 'oh, you want me to do it now?'

GRR

lol and another one today. I am resetting a users password and I asked her what she wanted it to be, and she said "my dogs name" and there was a long pause...and i ended up saying "and that is..."

Never worked as a tech... BUT, I found a site with plentyful of stories and anecdotes... Some are old (we're talking pre-DOS era here!), others are well-known, but still, theres hours of fun...

Computer stupidities

Have fun!

I installed DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.1 today for a guy who said that he had a DOS program and it would only run on Windows 3.1 because it had the best DOS. :\

One day i was sitting at my work's server getting ready to swap out backup tapes. The server, nt 4.0, was locked and i couldn't get in with my normal user/pass. After two or three tries, i figure I'd give the net admin a call to see if they change the passwords. The first thing he says is, "Is your caps lock on?". Of course it was, so i told him yes and hung up. Very embarassing, but now i will always remember to check my caps lock.

I was on the phone with Palm support one day, user was having problems getting her Palm to connect to the computer. The guy from Palm told me that the COM ports needed to be reset. Had me disable them, and reboot. I asked him if I should re-enable the ports and his response was "No, when windows starts up it will re-enable them automatically". ?!?!?!

I had a dude that was like, my i pod wont talk to my computer. So i had him open up my computer, there was a 'new' drive in there (the ipod) He said he was using Music Match Jukebox to copy his files over, I said, have you tried dragging and dropping htem into the drive in explorer, "oh" click...he hangs up.

no respect ADZ is there? no respect at all, id be pissed, lol. But i graduate in april and i am going on a workterm in may, so i am sure i can contribute to this thread in an IT related area then, but i got tons of customer related stories from mcdonalds!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom