Tech Humor

Status
Not open for further replies.
(note I came into this tech job with no formal training whatsoever anything I know I probably learned the hard way: by screwing it up)

When I first started out at my job we bought a new computer. For some reason I couldn't get it to network with the other computers. :( We had two tech guys come in and take a look at my computer to try and figure out what was wrong. Niether one could figure it out. They said it could talk, but wasn't getting any kind of a response. One day whilst looking through an office supply cataloge I spotted something called an RJ-45 network cable that looked remarkably different than the modem phone cord that I had plugged into my network card. :amazed: So I went to the office supply store and had one made. Plugged it into the computer and problem solved. :) You'd have thought that one of those guys would have bothered to check the cables. :mad:

lmao!! that's a good one!

Lotus Notes error "File not found."
ummm what file? great work on R5 guys!!!

user calls in a problem report for "pop-ups"
claims to have removed tons of adware but still is getting popups...
i asked her what they looked like...
"well the come up right above the clock and they say something about ready to install..."
i asked "microsoft updates ready to install?"
" yeah that's it!!! how do i get rid of em, i keep clicking no!"

The best one I've gotten is while working on a library IT support staff.

I go down to one of the librarian's desks to help her get Samba access set up, and she asks me a separate question about a picture she got through her e-mail.
The picture was a screenshot of some program. As she's trying to close the picture, I hear the usual grumble. I look over and she's very fervently trying to click the red X on the picture to close the picture viewer :/

OK i have one but it didnt happen to me or someone i know, so this lady calls tech support and says her computers turned off and is not turing on, he said ok is the cord plugged into the pc she said i dont know let me check he said ok so shes like hold on i need a flashlight he said why she said the power is out. First time i read this i started laphing so hard.

20 minutes trying to figure out why pc is acting funky.

finally i sit the user in front of the NT machine and reboot... and aske the user to do exactly the same as they have been doing.

sure enough i sat there and watched it happen...
any NT guys out there know what i'm about to say...

as it's booting user presses enter to run NT 4.0...
system continues booting...

user presses space bar to envoke last known good hardware configuration...
turns out they do this every boot!!!
that has got to be the most cruel thing MS has ever done to us... is give a user that option!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom