Tech-Forums Ventrilo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are AMD vs Intel threads... or SLI vs Crossfire threads? Something might have changed though in this timeframe, in this case... Crysalis owns a ventrilo server and is offering people to use it. This is a different result, no?

So are AMD vs Intel threads... or SLI vs Crossfire threads? Something might have changed though in this timeframe, in this case... Crysalis owns a ventrilo server and is offering people to use it. This is a different result, no?

Indeed, I am on, if anyone wants to join.

No. Cause it is not a TF Vent server. It is a Member Server that is offered for our members but is not sponsored by the site. ;)

Crysalis has a Vent server and HAVOC has a Vent server. Both are being generous to allow people to use them. Please do not abuse that privilege. ;)

I actually was able to connect with the old ToV Vent. I had to go back through and reinstall Vent, but I got it to working.

No. Cause it is not a tech forums Vent server. It is a Member Server that is offered for our members but is not sponsored by the site. ;)

I think that our brains are in 2 different places. I was remarking on the fact that there were different results within the thread. Basically.... someone started a "Let's have a ventrilo server" thread and you pointed out that there were already threads like this that "always" provided the "same" results.

I was simply pointing out that this time, in this new Ventrilo thread, Crysalis has a ventrilo server... so, it's not the same sort of result reply within the thread.

Similar to having 1,000,000 AMD vs Intel threads but, depending on "what is new" or "what is out" at the time the thread is made, we can provide a different direction for the thread to go.... as this thread did :)

Crysalis has a Vent server and HAVOC has a Vent server. Both are being generous to allow people to use them. Please do not abuse that privilege. ;)

I actually was able to connect with the old ToV Vent. I had to go back through and reinstall Vent, but I got it to working.

Yea I was surprised to hear and see that it is still up. I was under the assumption it was going to be shut down, which is why I have kept mine. I'll cancel mine if the tov server stays up, but otherwise, mine is free to use for anyone.

Mine:
vent3.gameservers.com:4315

ToV's:
vent4.gameservers.com Port: 4716<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Yea I was surprised to hear and see that it is still up. I was under the assumption it was going to be shut down, which is why I have kept mine. I'll cancel mine if the tov server stays up, but otherwise, mine is free to use for anyone.

Mine:
vent3.gameservers.com:4315

ToV's:
vent4.gameservers.com Port: 4716<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

I'm not 100% on the date, but the vent server was renewed around October for another year. So, perhaps Havoc can confirm/deny this, but I'm fairly certain that the vent server will be up until at least 1 Oct 09

It's been a while...

****, tech forums finally looks like a forum, not some half-***ed concoction that it was when I took hiatus.

I went to the ToV website not too long ago.. It looks good, that's for sure, but like many communities, just didn't get the exposure.

Seeing this topic reminds me of the early days of Vent though, good times.

I remember 3 years ago sitting in my apartment in Seattle, between shifts at Abercrombie and school, talking to Crysalis (aka "Christmas"), HAVOC, Mike, Hickfarm, Juice Daddy, J12, Trotter once in a while, Nubius a floor above me, Harper, Flashdude, our buddies from the UK, Ruane, and....**** i forget who the other fella was, he sounded like he was about 10 though, and of course our wonderful friend from Canada, who we all loved to hate. I forgot what his name was though, but I remember crying because I was laughing so hard when he tried to sing the American National Anthem.

I remember HAVOC giving me **** from when I was hammered, and would say **** YOU, HAVOC!!

Then he would ask me if i'm on the street or something because traffic was so loud with my window open LOL

It was a great community, and like I said, seeing this thread reminds me when it was in it's prime.

Which is actually why i'm posting here, it's 1AM and something reminded me of TOV.

I found my old mic, dusted it off, found that it didnt' work. So I opened it up, and duct-taped the contacts and after an hour of fussing with tape, got it working again :D

Nobody seems to be on right now, but i'll be checking into the ToV vent server tomorrow a couple times for sure.

I don't remember why I stopped frequenting tov, but I feel like I was definatly part of the deterioration..

I'll be in "the soapbox".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom