TF Trends...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
is it just me, or do a bunch of people come in claiming they're gonna get a great gaming rig.. and then down the lines of actually purchasing it... they skimp out on everything... i know i was one of those people.... haha.. ahh...

No, I don't really think so. It may seem so because they buy a $325 Opteron 165, but it ends up becoming a $1100 FX-60.

Most people are getting 7800GTs around here, and thats about as high end as it gets.

I don't see what you are talking about NosBoost. Most people are getting bang for the buck components, such as the Opteron 165 and the 7800GT or 6800GS.

i'm saying lots of people talk about getting 4400+ and such, which are a fortune, but end up getting cheaper things, i'm not saying they get bad things, just cheaper things

younger people tend to do that. They usually shop around for what they want, ask about their potential builds, then find out their budget is huge. High school kids do this all the time to me when I'm building thier PC's...

Ryan

NosBoost300 said:
i'm saying lots of people talk about getting 4400+ and such, which are a fortune, but end up getting cheaper things, i'm not saying they get bad things, just cheaper things

Why would you buy a 4400+ though. Same thing with the mega-high-end; Why would you buy a FX-60? Just take a Opteron 165 and take it up there and you have one of the best PCs on the planet.

Flanker said:
Why would you buy a 4400+ though. Same thing with the mega-high-end; Why would you buy a FX-60? Just take a Opteron 165 and take it up there and you have one of the best PCs on the planet.

Well, not everyone is as Overclocking savvy as some of us, so buying the "faster" stock CPUs are better for them, even though its not that hard to bring an Opteron 165 up to 2.6GHz. Some of the people i've seen, shouldnt even touch the BIOS, or they will screw it up beyond recognition (they will find a way, trust me).

I actually spent more on my PC than i had originally intended. At first i was thinking about $1100-1200 and in the end i spent about $1600. :p

Flanker said:
No, I don't really think so. It may seem so because they buy a $325 Opteron 165, but it ends up becoming a $1100 FX-60.

Most people are getting 7800GTs around here, and thats about as high end as it gets.

I'd rather have my CPU than a FX-60 since it handles most of any Mutli-Tasking Above well and is just as good for gaming.

people skimp out on things because they forgot to take certain things into account or they think to far ahead and find they can't get as much cash towards their build as expected. for me my planned build had so may different incarnations it's incredible. the thing is normally if you suggest someones elses build for them you are satisfied with what you come up with first. when its your own rig it must be perfection :p

everybody wants a gaming PC?

i dont need a gaming PC, just something good for downloading, surfing tech-forums, and watching movies....

thats why i like intel's, they're good for the basics.

and people skimp on things because they spend all their $ on the processor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom