tech-forums photography thread (56k)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the D40 and the D60 are alright cameras, but i personally would opt for the D80 for just a few more dollars...it's well worth the extra money IMO

I don't know, i've never been a big fan of Pentax i would put them bottom of the line pro-sumer...they just have never lived up to the quality of Canon and Nikon from my experience...but of course i've taken literally hundreds of thousands of pictures on my Canon MarkII and Nikon D3........ i'm in love with my D3 right now..it's picture color and quality is amazing at the higher ISO's and shutter speeds in low light

I don't know, i've never been a big fan of Pentax i would put them bottom of the line pro-sumer...they just have never lived up to the quality of Canon and Nikon from my experience...but of course i've taken literally hundreds of thousands of pictures on my Canon MarkII and Nikon D3........ i'm in love with my D3 right now..it's picture color and quality is amazing at the higher ISO's and shutter speeds in low light

Yes, but a MarkII is a completely different league compared to the K200D. It costs like 3x as much.

Also have you shot with any of the new Pentax DSLR's?

They really have created a great low to mid range camera at a nice price point.

I guess our opinions of "great" are a little different since i'm in the professional category. but I've shot with a K20D, and wasn't impressed. I liked my old EOS 1D more(and you can get a 1d now for around $4-500), the image quality and color was more vivid, and it did better for faster events and artistic photos as in timed photography yes the megapixel isn't as high, but having more mega pixels is more of a selling point then an actual benefit when it comes down to choosing between 4-5mp vs 10-15. I'm not being a fanboy here..but I feel that the quality of Nikon and Canon is a little better then Pentax or Kodak for the price. And i have used digitalk DSLR's ever since the Nikon D1 and Canon 10D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom