Tech-Forums Offical Metal Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so maybe I'm an 80's leftover, but... METALLICA, GUNS N' ROSES, ROB ZOMBIE, THE OZZMAN!!!!, CRADLE OF FILTH, KORN!!!!, CRIS ROCK (before going country), ICED EARTH, CREED, MXPX (punk), QUEENS RYCHE, and my all time fave... QUEEN@!@!@!@

-Despised Icon
-Deadwater Drowning
-Behemoth
-Necrophagist
-Misericordiam
-KillWhitneyDead
-Beneath The Massacre
-Devourment
-Suffocation
-The Red Chord

The only Metal bands that matter.

I'm an Anti-Theist. But I promise I won't be a D-Bag to those of you that are into Metal but are Christians.

Artist: Despised Icon
CD: Ills of Modern Man
Genre: Metal/Death Metal/DeathCore
Release Date: May 22nd, 2007

Despised Icon. Chances are if you've been involved in the underground Metal scene, you've no doubt heard of this band. This is with no question the pionering band for "Deathcore". This band helped make "Pig Sqweels" popular back in early 2002. For those of you that don't know, "Deathcore", is a sub-genre of Metal. Deathcore bands tend to sound like Death metal filled with heavy guitar riffs, blast beats up the ying yang, low screams to growls, with hardcore influences.

These types of bands are a dime a dozen today. You find them at every hole in the wall venue across America. But all these bands have Depised Icon to thank.

This is Despised Icon's third release. They took everything that worked from their previous two albums, spent more time on song structure, and got influenced a bit more by hardcore. You hear a considerable more amount of breakdowns and 95% of the time, it makes you wish you were in a pit throwin a fist in someones face.

This band mixes the two vocalists together PERFECTLY. They're both perfect together. The two guitars are tight 100% of the time and sound absolutly incredible. The drummer, you couldn't even guess that was an actual person playing that. It's beyond good.

IMO, the best track on the CD is "Sheltered Reminiscene". Heavy and brutal from the begining, perfect mix of metal and hardcore, it's BEE-EEE-AAA OOTEEEFUL.

As good as this CD is, I don't think any track on it is as good as "Retina" off of their Sophmore release, "The Healing Process".

My other favorites on the Album include "A Fractured Hand", "Tears of the Blameless", and "Furtive Monologue".

This band is not for the faint of heart. If your idea of Metal is Korn, Slipknot, FearFactory, etc, you probably can't handle real Metal :)

All in all, I'd give this Album an 8/10. I've seen this band perform twice and am seeing them again this Halloween! They put an an amazing show, it's more then worth it to check em out!

Pick up this Album. If you're a Metal fan, you owe it to yourself!

Amazon.com: Ills of Modern Man: Music: Despised Icon
MySpace.com - Despised Icon - Montreal, CA - Death Metal / Hardcore / Metal - www.myspace.com/despisedicon
Despised Icon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom