Tech-Forums Offical Metal Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
^i loved that film

im debating buying it just for the huge *** poster with the genres aand examples of bands lol

I want in! \m/

But first, we are going to have to define what Metal is and isn't.

I'm seeing bands like Creed, SOAD, Disturbed, Godsmack, and Mudvayne in here. These bands ARE NOT Metal. Not even close.

Here's a few bands that ARE Metal.

Amon Amarth, As I Lay Dying, The Black Dahlia Murder, Bleed The Sky, Bloodbath, Bolt Thrower, Children of Bodom, Chimaira, Dark Tranquillilty, Dimmu Borgir, Emperor, Graveworm, Hatebreed, In Flames, Insomnium, Kalmah, Lamb Of God, Machine Head, Man Must Die, Meshuggah, My Dying Bride, Naglfar, Nile, Opeth, Pantera, Scar Symmetry, Sepultura, Six Feet Under, Slayer, Soilwork, Strapping Young Lad, Superjoint Ritual, Swallow The Sun, The Haunted, Throwdown.

I want in! \m/

But first, we are going to have to define what Metal is and isn't.

I'm seeing bands like Creed, SOAD, Disturbed, Godsmack, and Mudvayne in here. These bands ARE NOT Metal. Not even close.

Here's a few bands that ARE Metal.

Amon Amarth, As I Lay Dying, The Black Dahlia Murder, Bleed The Sky, Bloodbath, Bolt Thrower, Children of Bodom, Chimaira, Dark Tranquillilty, Dimmu Borgir, Emperor, Graveworm, Hatebreed, In Flames, Insomnium, Kalmah, Lamb Of God, Machine Head, Man Must Die, Meshuggah, My Dying Bride, Naglfar, Nile, Opeth, Pantera, Scar Symmetry, Sepultura, Six Feet Under, Slayer, Soilwork, Strapping Young Lad, Superjoint Ritual, Swallow The Sun, The Haunted, Throwdown.

EDIT: Sorry for the triple posts!!!! Haha, whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooops.

I agree with alot of what you've said on here.

As I lay Dying does not deserved be called Metal. They're a Chrisitian band and that alone is completely contradictory to Metal.

Dimu Borgir, Emporer, Nile, and Slayer get mucho thumbs up.

What IS Metal-
Amon Amarth
Ancient Necropsy
Animosity
Behemoth
Belphagor
Beneath The Massacre
Burn the Priest
Cannibal Corpse
Deadwater Drowning
Despised Icon
Devourment
Exodus
KillWhitneyDead
Misericordiam
Necrophagist
Nile
Sepultura
SKinless
Suffocation
Suicide Silence
The Red Chord
Through the Eyes of the Dead

Band's that I don't consider Metal-

-System of a Down
-Korn
-Disturbed
-Mudvayne
-Avenged Seven Fold

In my eyes, I don't know of any mainstream or well known bands that have popped up within the last 6,7 years that are well known that can be called Metal. When I say well known or mainstream, I mean bands that get radio play and on TV.

EDIT: Sorry for the triple posts!!!! Haha, whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooops.

I agree with alot of what you've said on here.

As I lay Dying does not deserved be called Metal. They're a Chrisitian band and that alone is completely contradictory to Metal.

Dimu Borgir, Emporer, Nile, and Slayer get mucho thumbs up.

What IS Metal-
Amon Amarth
Ancient Necropsy
Animosity
Behemoth
Belphagor
Beneath The Massacre
Burn the Priest
Cannibal Corpse
Deadwater Drowning
Despised Icon
Devourment
Exodus
KillWhitneyDead
Misericordiam
Necrophagist
Nile
Sepultura
SKinless
Suffocation
Suicide Silence
The Red Chord
Through the Eyes of the Dead

Band's that I don't consider Metal-

-System of a Down
-Korn
-Disturbed
-Mudvayne
-Avenged Seven Fold

In my eyes, I don't know of any mainstream or well known bands that have popped up within the last 6,7 years that are well known that can be called Metal. When I say well known or mainstream, I mean bands that get radio play and on TV.
Well said. I was hesitant on listing As I Lay Dying. While they are a "Christian Metal" band, they don't sing about religious Christian BS, and I like their sound, so I put them down.

I agree with everything you said 100% though and it's what I'm trying to say here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom