Status
Not open for further replies.
bigr5026 said:
yeah

i know, why, becuase of the imports

mports are the whole reason that american cars are failing

the corvete for gods sake gets better gas milage than my aunts honda element
my moms crown vic gets better gas milage than the element
and *******, a old 350 bigblock chevy station wagon gets better gas mileage than a STI, ****, even better than a few cars. The major problem, is people dont maintain thare cars. Imports are just that, crappy. When something in a import goues out, its usaully major, and its after a certan milage mark.

My uncle has a dodge 1500 quad cab, a 2004

that sucker is pushing almost 75k miles

only repairs : rear axle seal that was damaged while offroading (long story) Price : 200 dollars

Aumts Honda elemnt: Milage 20k
repairs:
blower motor
vaccum pump
ecu
broken shock
brake rotor fell apart
broken differntal
broken dash cluter
broken AC compressor
2 torque converters
and 1 seatbelt that trapped somone in

and my favorite of all

her taking it in for "poor gas milage"

She was having to go full throttle

apparently, a bad head gasket

SHe granny drives

And guess who gets the good gas milage, while towing

the 1500

Another problem nowadays is traffic backups. Sitting thare idling, stop, and go, is more ****ing strain on a car than redlining it in my opinion due to the variations in temps.

Maintiance people,

and most important, change your oil every 3k miles. Yes people, 3k, these motors can handle more, but, change it before that, ebcuase thats jsut dirt hanging out in oyur engine, and oil tihnkning out.

The Honda Element is a rolling block. This explains it's lacking gas efficiency. You need to look at cars such as the accord/civic or camry/corolla which are aerodynamic.

aerodynamicy doesn't have a whole heck of a lot to do with it till you hit ~70, then it starts dropping.

The reason the mileage sucks is because that tiny engine can't keep up with the big clunker it has to pull around. It's like the Isuzu Rodeo my girl had before we started dating. (She happily drives a Ford Bronco now) It was a 4 banger pullin an SUV. What genius thought that up? 4 cylinders, and it got 22mpg on an average day. Sometimes it was worse. Compared to my 351 getting 18? Cube for cube, do the math.

You want to talk gas mileage then..? Check out the focus, the fusion, the cobalt. Whatever suits your fancy.

I'm not completely anti-foreign car, but I don't like the reasons people buy them, because they're simply invalid. These cars are all comparable. And with this crazy rumor that hondas and toyotas 'last forever,' they're bringing down the american market. It totally blows.

Ryan

stock import cars are slow as **** cept a few you have to do extensive engine mods to make it fast.
i beat my friends v6 99 prelude with my 96 jeep grand cherokee. so i dunno where you guys are pulling this crap saying american cars are slow.

and your sick of hearing the charger has a hemi and you think its slow...
man hemis are fastttt just look at the jeep srt8 a stock jeep srt8 could pretty much beat any import car. and you say well if i just put some work into my engine i could make it just as fast or faster. well if i put the same amount of money into that jeep as you did into your integra or what not to make it as fast i could make the jeep faster than an slr mclaren. (bout a 10k upgrade if you shop in the right places)

Crysalis said:
check out an early 90's impala SS. Had the LT1 in it... dang fast car.

although it's not a Ford Motor product (;)), I'll agree that it's a good car. Good recommendation. If you keep your foot out of it on the highway you'll be pushin 30mpg

Ryan

i doubt if he wanst a crown vic he will drive a hybrid.

the 99 prelude must have been beat by the way to lose to a cherokee. ive been in a fair share of cherokees and preludes my old girls type sh was fast as balls bone stock.

of the line im sure an automatic cherokee pinned will beat someone who doesnt know how to drive in a prelude. dotn mean to argue tho...
anyways in respect to this thread try police impounds or even just an old cop car. you will probably find the price you are wanting and im sure there are tons in each state. theres one not 2 towns over from me. goodluck with the car shopping

Lord AnthraX said:
Any interest in a hybrid maybe?

he wants a V8... not a ceiling fan.

A friend of mine has a 94 SS impala... took me for a ride in it. Got to 150 EASILY. Aerodynamics were excellent... gas mileage is just as good.

Amazing car. Only thing I dont like about them is no TACH!!!

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
Right now they're 'cool' due to movies like F&F.

Ryan [/B]

if anything those movies put a bad name to euro/jap cars. my buddy has a 01 gti 1.8 t with a big turbo swap and fully mapped ecu, 9inch fmic and a wastegate/diverter valve. (300whp)

my other friend has a 67 mustang stroker with around 400 to the wheels. he has blown 4 rear ends and a list of other ****.

anyways cars are equally fast the stang cost a sh*t load more than the gti and the gti on a bad day gets 18 under boost and mid 20s in daily driving. the stang gets around 6-8 mpg so you cant say displacement is the all important factor **** a rx8 is a 1.3 liter (rotary :D ) my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom