TF i need a car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because something is v8 doesnt make it fast. That means its gonna be alot more heavier then imports with v4 or v6.

1. I realize it doesn't make it fast. My truck's cam is designed to give me torque down low, so I have gripping power all the way up to 4000, then it shifts. If I put a new cam in it, and some new heads and injectors, I'll have a race-truck, otherwise, it's geared to puuuullll... HARD.

2. They don't throw extra pistons on there for the heck of it. They more than make up for the increased block weight with displacement & power.

Ryan

I dont understand why "American Muscle" car guy always knock the imports? Have you driven any import with more than 150HP in it? I am a car lover in general so I love muscle and import equally.

I just get sick of hearing this Dodge Charger RT owner here at work brag about his big bad as "Hemi V8" that runs a 14.5 sec 1/4 mile? Like I was supposed to be impressed with this figure? I laughed in his face when he told me this..then again I am heavy on the import tuner market so anything that cant go sub 13 sec 1/4 mile doesnt even get me hard anymore, but when you hang around the lead devloper for HKS products with all his test vehicles you sort of get used to having all these fast imports at your fingertips without spending your own money..lol.

First time I ever heard someone say imports are unreliable... no offense lol.

If you look at all the import car makers and compare them to americans.. imports are light years ahead in my opinion. I mean look at all the GM lines and ford companies cutting back on so many employess and shutting down factories, they just cant keep up with imports and euro's. Dont get me wrong though I like alot of muscle cars too.

Where are you getting your information?lol..If you tell me that a Ford Mustang GT gets better gas milage than a Toyota Prius then I am simply going to turn in my membership to this forum :)

Jayvon said:

If you look at all the import car makers and compare them to americans.. imports are light years ahead in my opinion. I mean look at all the GM lines and ford companies cutting back on so many employess and shutting down factories, they just cant keep up with imports and euro's. Dont get me wrong though I like alot of muscle cars too.

I reguard imports as disposable and one time use. Whereas, the simplicity of tearing down my 90* 8 block and rebuilding it is just that... simple. I don't trust myself to a computerized foreign car. It's an electrical nightmare.

Foreign cars simply aren't lightyears ahead. That's the misnomer that's sending all of the soccer moms, young women, and young 'boys' to the import dealers. Right now they're 'cool' due to movies like F&F.

As for Win2k. Don't compare American horsepower to the gas sippingest vehicle toyota has to offer. Maybe you'd like to compare it to an american hybrid?

The reason the American companies are suffering is because the market honestly doesn't know squat about cars. I guaruntee you, 80% of the people buying foreign cars showed up at the dealer and bought what they thought got 'good gas mileage' and was a 'reliable' car, because it's imported. Wow! Good train of thought. I'm not saying that every import sucks. In fact, I like a lot of German builds, and most European companies altogether. What I don't like are economy cars straight out of japan. They're designed for people who are paying upwards of $5.00/gal for fuel.

My motto...

"There's no replacement for displacement."

You can turbocharge or supercharge any engine for more power, but if you cripple yourself on displacement, you're going to cap the total power you can get.

Ryan

Jayvon said:

most of them are shutting down to move out of the USA which they make it easier for them to build more cars for a cheaper price. its not because of import cars that there shutting down factories and laying off workers.

yeah

i know, why, becuase of the imports

mports are the whole reason that american cars are failing

the corvete for gods sake gets better gas milage than my aunts honda element
my moms crown vic gets better gas milage than the element
and *******, a old 350 bigblock chevy station wagon gets better gas mileage than a STI, ****, even better than a few cars. The major problem, is people dont maintain thare cars. Imports are just that, crappy. When something in a import goues out, its usaully major, and its after a certan milage mark.

My uncle has a dodge 1500 quad cab, a 2004

that sucker is pushing almost 75k miles

only repairs : rear axle seal that was damaged while offroading (long story) Price : 200 dollars

Aumts Honda elemnt: Milage 20k
repairs:
blower motor
vaccum pump
ecu
broken shock
brake rotor fell apart
broken differntal
broken dash cluter
broken AC compressor
2 torque converters
and 1 seatbelt that trapped somone in

and my favorite of all

her taking it in for "poor gas milage"

She was having to go full throttle

apparently, a bad head gasket

SHe granny drives

And guess who gets the good gas milage, while towing

the 1500

Another problem nowadays is traffic backups. Sitting thare idling, stop, and go, is more ****ing strain on a car than redlining it in my opinion due to the variations in temps.

Maintiance people,

and most important, change your oil every 3k miles. Yes people, 3k, these motors can handle more, but, change it before that, ebcuase thats jsut dirt hanging out in oyur engine, and oil tihnkning out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom