TF Dedicated BF2 ranked Server : Interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, alot of people here want to shoot and burn me. So we got the shooting down in BF2.
Why would they want to do that. Are you a witch!?

I think you should give up Havoc.......it's just not doable ya know? Quit while you're behind :D

I'd play but for some odd reason my copy of BF2 only works at LAN parties........go figure

I too am glad too see some willingness towards the idea. Hopefully this will become fruitfull.

And yea, ill join you havock. ;) Ive been practicing today. :p

I would play a lot in that server if there was more slots, I'm a guy who plays soley on ground combat and I need a lot of teamates and enemies or I will suck.

How much does it cost to keep a server up and running?

a dedicated server that is...cant be to exspensive can it?

Dedicated Servers are priced based on per/slot. Average per/slot pricing varies for a 16 to 20 slot server around $50 to $80 USD. The more slots the more money per month. I've done some research and found a few that offer PER MONTH plans. No contracts. You pay for the first month and a set up charge, if you don't pay for the following months, the server goes down. Simple as that.

I'm more then willing to pay for a server and get it up and running for everyone to play together, but I certainly can't afford to pay for it out of my own pocket every month, nor do I think anyone would expect me too. Our point (Bleak and mine) of this thread was to get an idea of how many people would be interested in contributing to a server (Cost/Admin/Playing) to get a Tech-Forum.net BF2 Ranked Server. It would have to be public and anyone whom contributed via donations would be granted "reserved" slots. If you've ever been in a clan, you know what that means.

We are also looking for a server that offers "Team Speak" which we have found one that offers it in their package. For me, there is no harm or foul if I get one started out of my own pocket and it doesn't work out... We just don't have it anymore. But, I know there are some people that play it here and it would give everyone who does play it the opportunity to play together and chat and meet.. blah, blah, blah...

So again... If you are really interested drop me or THEBLEAKNESS a PM and we will put you on the list. Once we get everything up and running we will provide you with all the additional information.

Again, thanks to all interested... hopefully we can get the ball rolling soon.

Say, if you got 20 people interested in it and willing to pay for it monthly, say $4 each, than it would work, and will cover the maximum cost. If you get more than 20 people interested work up the scale of playable slots.

I have just installed BF2, but don't have the 2 new ones. I will see how it goes in the first month.

£2.25 a month for a decent server will be well worth it.

I wouldn't mind paying maybe 4 dollars a month :p to have a reserved slot and admin :)

Oh yeah i totally had this idea first :D

Oh ok that price is much lower then I expected...

Could we have like a plan...

For instance in stead of paying 4 dollars a month, say I wanna pay 16 dollars for four months....or like If I skip a month becuase I dont have 4 dollars (Hypotheticly...sure you could find some on the ground) can I pay 14 next month....

But Yeah Im looking to Have all my games installed by monday...

Il post back soon

Lord AnthraX said:
Oh ok that price is much lower then I expected...

I am not saying that is how much it is going to be... I just used it as an example.

Is this going to be a TF clan now? ;)

Trifid said:
I am not saying that is how much it is going to be... I just used it as an example.

Is this going to be a TF clan now? ;)

oh haha well I was talking to HAVOCK but I understand you thought I was talking to you becuase I brought up the whole 4 dollar thing:D...I always thought Dedicated servers where in the 150-200 range:)

haha now we need to decide a TF tag ...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom