TF Convention?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I've been thinking lately about the possibility of a TF convention somewhere here in the states. It would be really cool to organise this, and have members from all over the world show. I dont know how possible it would be, if at all, but wstill a great idea I think. We could maybe turn it into an annual thing, and have it more of a Computer Geek's convention than anything. I know this would not be very possible for worldwide members, but then again, some people pay thousands to go to a convention. It would be cool, just we coiuld all meet somewhere and have a good time. Discuss computer things, whathaveyou. Any suggestions would be cool. Would some people be willing to help organize such an event?

Well alot of the TF population is very young and this houses a problem, no cars no money.

I would come if I had $$$ and a car, assuming im allowed into the states again.

Assuming most ppl who come to this board have money man.. The thing is there are only a "few" members who really contribute - compared to the number of total members. It's worth exploring though if u wanna take point :p

I thought it would be a swell thing to run across. There are some 22,000 members of TF, and maybe only a small amount are a real contributing members, but I think it would still be a large enough amount to justify. Just a though, but would be cool if it came to be. At least the biggest posting members would be serious about going, I know i would love to show up and meet the biggest posters and just pick your brains. I know I'm not the only one who would like to do that, either.

to tell you the truth this is only the second forum ive been on in my life and the other one fell through. I would love to meet everybody on here and have like a huge LAN party or something. would be really awesome cause i love lan parties and ot meet other ppl who think about computers like i do. If one IS decided let me know! i wanna join cause i think its an excelent idea.:D

This is the first forum I have ever belonged to, and still is the only forum I belong too. Well, except for Xtremesystems, but thats a given.

Well, thats good news that the people who responded are really into it. See, I figured that only the big active posters would be interested, and so far, I was correct. If you guys think this way, then other big posters that have the same mindset as you will prolly think this way as well. Thats good news. We gotta get Larry up in here, then we could perhaps make this a reality.

Wellp, ima puney poster... damn Junior... but id be more than interested in comeing to a convention if one was to ever come around :p

I would love to come to a Tech-forums meet up, and have a lan or something (be quite cool showing off our pc's/what it can do/mods etc.)

I would have to wait a couple of years though (to be able to fly leagally w/o a parent and to be able to afford it) but I would consider going to the second meet up/other ones in the future.

We could meet up before we meet at the actual event (e.g. for the UK the people who are in the UK, who will be flying from stansted could meet up before/at airport, maybe get seats next to each other (book at the same time)/share taxi's/share hotel. etc.)

It will need alot of organising though, with the mods taking good control of it, so nothing gets damaged.

I will look forward to going in a couple of years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom