tech forums awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would do overclocking, and folding , ect but there only about 2 major players in some of the categories like this, so they just drown out the other members. I want to keep it open for a lot of people. Even the rig one, that is pretty focused on vedub obviously, but i think that one has to be in there.

so far out of the ones listed the only ones i want to use so far is:(keep in mind i want to keep them tech forums/computer oriented for the most part)

Best cable manager
oldest member
Post whore
Most helpful
Best rig
worst rig
Best signature
funniest member
Online the most
Oldest active member
Most flexible
Most cruel

we don't want too many, so anymore than this and we may have to bump out a few categories. But keep the suggestions coming, and or reason why another category that i did not put in this list should be in there... (im not really the one that's deciding this, just i have picked the ones IMO that should be there, if you guys really think that other ones NEED to be there also, and more then one person wants it there then we'll put it up)

I'm going to make the pic now, i have decided to put the category in it, for it will be a bit cooler. I will put the month and year also. So then we could do this quarterly, or yearly, and the old winner of a category could keep there icon/pic while the new winner can have there's as well.

When we say oldest member there are two definitions. I realized I repeated Salty's suggestion, but I actually meant physical age whereas I think he was referring to oldest registration. You should clarify which definition there...

I would do overclocking, and folding , ect but there only about 2 major players in some of the categories like this, so they just drown out the other members. I want to keep it open for a lot of people.

That's why I made my suggestion. How do you get more participation in those types of Categories, by offering a reward. You don't need to be the best, you just need to participate. I think you'd be surprised by the response from users wanting to get something that shows they are part of a special group. I think there would even be a competition to earn the most awards.

I agree.

There's also a VB hack that does this kind of thing already. It actually gives you points that you can "spend" for stuff.

That's why I made my suggestion. How do you get more participation in those types of Categories, by offering a reward. You don't need to be the best, you just need to participate. I think you'd be surprised by the response from users wanting to get something that shows they are part of a special group. I think there would even be a competition to earn the most awards.

i see your point, after reading that i will put some of the ones that i turned down in it....
When we say oldest member there are two definitions. I realized I repeated Salty's suggestion, but I actually meant physical age whereas I think he was referring to oldest registration. You should clarify which definition there...

i meant age wise (personally, not membership age) membership age i think would be tricky, because there are quite a few who have been here a long time. Do you think it should be the other way, how long they have been at tech forums?

here is something i just threw together quickly, obviously i could do better, and other people could to, but i don't think it needs to be too fancy, for now at least. What do you think of it? (most contributing member is just an example, i will switch it for each category winner)

something like this could even be integrated into a signature, or used as an avatar.

come on, i need input on the pic guys...

current categories (still need input on theme):

1.Best cable manager
2.oldest timer
3.Post whore
4.Most helpful member
5.Best rig
6.worst rig
7.Best signature
8.funniest member
9.Most flexible
10.Most Devoted Folder
11.Hardware Whore
12.Spam Killer
13.Cooling enthusiast

I had to drop a few categories to keep it within reason. So from now on any suggestions will have to replace one of these, Because 13 categories is quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom