TF 2012

I love how slow the site has gotten since about 2008... seems to get slower each passing day.
Yeah it's kinda sad :(.

I haven't seen Mak around for ages either... Trotter is lurking about, but I haven't seen a post from KSoD for ages :(
Mak pretty much just got busy with life.

Oh and on the topic of when things were better, I loved not getting database errors all the time (just had one).
Post the error (go into Dev Tools in your browser and it'll show the contents of the actual MySQL error) here: http://www.techist.com/forums/f5/slow-boards-271975/

I haven't gotten one in a long time...but it's ridiculous that it's still happening.

It's very slow - while i've seen people say it's because of times i disagree, i'm active on a few other boards and they are far more active (posts per day) then TF. I remember when i first joined I would spend way more time reading new posts and having actual discussions.

Today not so much, i'll check a few times a day, but activity here is all but gone.

Whats wrong with the new owners?

Though, there's no more infighting from people like Mike and the other more trolls.

With intel locking chips, and the average cpu being more than enough power, overclocking is less abundant.

I'd love to get overclocking and real water cooling, but I think it's beyond my dads ability.
Christ, I'm still running my 4.0Ghz 950 and 560ti.

Though, there's no more infighting from people like Mike and the other more trolls.

With intel locking chips, and the average cpu being more than enough power, overclocking is less abundant.

I'd love to get overclocking and real water cooling, but I think it's beyond my dads ability.
Christ, I'm still running my 4.0Ghz 950 and 560ti.
I lold.

Yea, the lack of the hardware enthusiasm here kinda sucks but it seems to be that way everywhere now. I remember when 3dmark scores were all the rage and it was fun competing with others. Sadly that died off a while ago.

I guess that's where i'm coming from, while there isn't as much tweaking in the hardware world as say 10 years ago there are still plenty of other topics this forum covers and we don't get the traffic that other sites with similar layouts and topics get.

There are plenty of other tech sites still thriving today. There have been several problems through the years that's caused this slide, though numbers recently have been picking up for us.

But like corrosive said, ownership has not made things better. Between Dave dropping out and constant switches and neglect, it makes things that much harder for us.

What does management do that makes it difficult? Promote? Pay for advertising?

I guess as a commoner to the forum i haven't seen a difference in the past 8 years i've been here other than lower posting numbers and a few regulars (Mak) missing.

Back
Top Bottom