Tech-Forums 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfc469

Daemon Poster
So I've been tech-foruming for the past 6 or so months and I've been wondering about the progress of tech-forums 2. Is there any progress being made on it? What exactly is it? Every time I look at it, it just says coming soon.

Last thing I heard about it was that it was coming along, and I was lead to believe that the mods would be given access to it shortly to test, followed by the general populous. This was months ago though. My humble opinion is that one person is slowly doing all of the work behind the scenes, or there are more people collaborating on it which I am not aware of.

Either way I think they need to remove the link to it until it actually gets to a point where it is coming soon. I have a sneaking suspicion this is the same thing as the quiz score

Oiy...show some respect for the code monkeys. They fling poo.....but eitherway, ya, I think I have to agree with gaara. That's just MHO

My humble opinion is that one person is slowly doing all of the work behind the scenes, or there are more people collaborating on it which I am not aware of.

Sorta. Larry and Dave are in charge of it all, but both have very busy lives.

Nitestick was on the money, though. It sounds like TF2 will be the result of TF upgrading to a newer version of vB... something that HAS been talked about. The main things holding it back is the massive amount of work that will be involved, and the downtime while the site is being upgraded.

I know on another site I post on that they had some issues. They went froma different BB program to the newest version of vB. Everyone lost all of their saved PMs, and it was a few weeks before everthing was working right again (avatars and such... sigs are still screwed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom