Tech Forum Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok heres what i think. For starters dont worry about having somebody else computer. Use your own so ppl on here can trust you because you trust yourself messing w/ your own parts. Taking a HD out, hitting record, and putting it back in will not harm it nor will you not need anyhting new. I say do it for these thing cause they are the most common asked.
Install CPU
Install RAM
Install HSF for cpu
Install Mobo
Install PCI cards (IE sound card)
Install extra fans (80mm 120mm blah)
Install fan grills
Install Windows and how to format a HD
Install a window kit (if you think you can do that, its tricky and advanced)
Install LEDs or a cold cathode.
Install a network on a Hub, crossover cable, and a server.
How to share an internet connection.
Did i forget anything?
Install PSU
Install HD/ CD-ROm

the CPU thing might be a problem, i have a stock intel HSF with a thermal pad, if i take the HSF off, the whole thing is no good. Unless I replace it with a compound which i dont think will work that well. I probably will use an old pentium 120....

Then if you want to make videos then you gotta thin like a teaacher. Improvise and make a video of how to sand and alcohol the base properly and then apply a compund.

ok i just got some footage of the CPU installation. Now is anybody willing do any narration if a script is provided? I suck at doing things like that, i end up laughing my a$$ off like half way thru it.

And another thing is that i am wondering is, i think people might flame me for the way i put the compound on. I put a big glob in the middle, and I let the force of the heatsink spread it out... Does that sound right ??

I think i am going to scrap the whole idea. I just realized that different parts, have different ways of handling them/installing them. And for a tutorial you want specific instuctions, and that require almost a specific tutorial for each different type. ie: AMD cpus, intel cpu's old and new platforms.

Like for example if I made a CPU installation video, it would not show the way LGA775 CPU's are installed. And what to do if you had a thermal pad, stuff like that.

ok I think this will be the list that I am going to do. I am going to start on this tommorow.

Install RAM
Install HD
Install Video Card/PCI cards (AGP AND PCI ONLY)
Install PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom