Tax time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I also "should" be getting about 5k back. Can you say hello new guitar and amp! lol We'll see though. The government loves to take money.....even if it's not theirs. lol

Holy crap dude...how much do you make a year, or do you have like 12 kids to use as deductions.

Finally got my W2 yesterday and promptly filed. Getting back 1400 fed and 300 from state. Although it cost me 15 bucks to file my state return. At least it'll pay off my media pc and most of my GTSes.

^^exactly what i was thinkin^^
wow state taxes suck.
we pay sales tax here in texas, which is really the way it should be...taxed on what you consume, not what the gov't thinks you owe them. i wish federal tax was only sales lol that will never happen.

Tennessee is the same way... high sales tax and no state income tax. I used to work in north Georgis (carpet mills) and had to pay Georgia state income tax. I usually got about half of it back... paid for the privilege to drive 60 miles to work every day, I guess.

yeah, they say that death and taxes are the only things you can sure of, but I ain't too sure about the first one. ;)

I grew up in texas, just moved out to colorado about a year and a half ago. Guess what, we have the same sales tax as texas AND income tax. Ya, no lube even.

ouch dude.
note to self..."colorado is a nice place to visit, but they ***-rape you on taxes".
lol.
aren't the property taxes absurd there, too?

Pretty much, but at least those you can deduct, along with interest. Not that i would know, i'm still stuck living in a ghetto apartment. Just waiting until i get hired on full time where im at (still a temp :( ) then start looking for a house. The housing market here is expensive as all heck too. Like 150k for a small 2bdrm :(

i understand that...lol give it a couple months, it's starting to turn into a real buyer's market with the economy, especially the housing market, nosediving like it is.
try moving to santa monica, dude. i have a friend who (luckily) owns her house...it was willed to her from her grandmother...and some jerky offered her like a quarter million for it. it's like a 3br 1 bath, not too small probably about 1700-2000 sf. she didn't take the offer. why, you ask? was it the sentimental value? nope. 250,000 dollars isn't enough to buy another house in santa monica. o.0

Holy crap dude...how much do you make a year, or do you have like 12 kids to use as deductions.

Finally got my W2 yesterday and promptly filed. Getting back 1400 fed and 300 from state. Although it cost me 15 bucks to file my state return. At least it'll pay off my media pc and most of my GTSes.

LOL! I don't make enough money, that's for sure. I do have two kids though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom