Tax time

Status
Not open for further replies.
i do online...
but if you had all your receipts and this and that...isn't it better to go to "people" that way they can do a lot more deductions and get you more back, if legit? ;)

donate some old pc hardware and knock off a few hundred I say

why would you lend the government money interest-free? which is what you are doing when you overpay your taxes. does the government lend you money with no interest? NO.
think on this...
adjust your tax filing status so you pay the bare minimum that you have to and still come out even every year (depending on your income it could be anywhere from 15% to 30%).
if you are dead set on being a lender to the US goivernment, take the money that you save (or should i say that you still have heh) and put it into government bonds. that way, you lend the gub'ment money and get paid for it, as it should be.
if you are filing taxes, that usually means you are gainfully emoployed...it also means that the gvt is not going to do you any favors, because they only do that for people who dont contribute to society. dont do them any favors in return.
granted the interest is not as much as they would charge you if the roles were reversed lol, but it is better than giving it away and your yields are usually tax-free.
an even better idea would be to put it into a high-yield savings account.

^^^ Won't work for me. Money that comes in goes right back out. yeah, I don't get interest, but I don't have to pay in come April, either. that may change if I don't up my withholding though. I lost a deduction now that our daughter has left the nest.

LOL. More like, "Aww man, we've got bills to pay!" Otherwise my rig would be a lot more up to date.

Yup, ive got a $500 credit balance left to pay off on my card, ill prolly get it down to $300 now and if they send out that other $600 ill take half and pay off the rest, and the other half for a possible video card upgrade. Bills suck.

Looks like I also "should" be getting about 5k back. Can you say hello new guitar and amp! lol We'll see though. The government loves to take money.....even if it's not theirs. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom