Tasers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzi9mm

Fully Optimized
How do you feel about tasers. With all of the deaths recently.

Personally I would NEVER want to get hit with one...
But I find them to be a effective weapon.
But I still would never want to get hit with one.
And some agencies overuse them/abuse them.

I found this nice little video on the taser website. Some guy is barricaded in his bathroom with a steak knife and if tasers did not exist, the guy probably would of been shot
Actual TASER Use

But on the other hand this guy should of never been tased.
YouTube - Dont Tase Me Bro

A taser is a close equivalent of a gun, it should not be use like pepperspray, but as a LAST resort.

I think that these officers need more training using them seeing as how they are obviously not 100% non-lethal. No need to tase someone 3+ times, because one time is always enough, as was in the case with the polish man in the Vancouver airport (see video). There is also no need to tase children or 85 year old ladys...its just ridiculous. I also think the amount of volts needs to be reduced slightly.

I think it's pretty bad that when there's 6+ officers trying to restrain a suspect that they need to use a taser. What is that? 3 or 4 cops in the airport video, who need to tase a heavier, out-of-shape guy 3 times to restrain him? Just ridiculous. Or how about the Kerry incident? 6 cops on top of him, yet they still can't get him in cuffs?

Vancouver Airport vid (Warning: This video contains the last moments of the man's life):

YouTube - Polish Man Tasered to Death by RCMP at Vancouver Airport

The voltage should be able to change because someone that is severely drunk will need more voltages than a sober, smaller person.

I have no problem with tasers. I try not to be in a position where I would be threatened with one, but if I find myself there I would do what I was told.

I have no pity for those who refuse to do as they are told and get tasered. same with the idiot at the Kerry debate... had he did what he was told nothing would have happened. his case was staged, anyway.

Get rid of tasers i say. If someone is going to talk back to the cops and be a general dbag, just put some lead in them. Society is better without them.

/sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom