System Price Check.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampire_Slayer

In Runtime
I was going to put this in buy/sell forum but I fealt that that was for buying and selling and not really for price checking so I am posting it here. I have the following system:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winnie
DFI LANPARTY Ultra-D
1g dual channel OCZ low latency memory
X800XL
Sound Blaster Live! 24 bit
Aspire X-Navigator with blue front plate
80g WD HDD
NEC CD drive
NEC DVD drive
OCZ 450w modstream
Windows XP SP2

As I cannot use this system at my houses since the wiring is too old(house built over 50 years ago, same wiring which was done by a cheap,poor, great depression survivor AKA my great granpa...). So I can only use it up at other peoples houses which is really getting on my nerves and I feel it is a waste of a computer. Therefore I am thinking about selling it and using the money either on my car, or saving it to build a new system for when I move out.

My question is.......How much could I get out of a system like this?
Enough for it to be worth it? All comments welcome, aside from flames. Also I will add that it is not for sale, I am just checking up on its value. One last thing, was this the right forum or does it belong in buy/sell anyways? Thx for reading.

I would scrape together $100 for a UPS to stabilize the power, but that is because I couldn't voluntarily live without a computer.

Q: What is a UPS?

A: An Uninterruptible Power Supply is a device that sits between a power supply (e.g. a wall outlet) and a device (e.g. a computer) to prevent undesired features of the power source (outages, sags, surges, bad harmonics, etc.) from the supply from adversely affecting the performance of the device.

UPS are one of the best bits on money you can spend on your computer. It only has to save your computer once, and it's paid for itself.

Just about all the computers in my house have on as we have been know to have some really shotty power.

Make sure you can get a unit where you can change the batteries.

My recommendation is an APC BackUPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom