Swine flu has 'pandemic potential'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so you all know, this Virus/Disease known as the "swine flu" does not do any more damage than the common Flu virus. The only difference is how your body's immune system reacts to it. In the case of Swine Flu, your body "overreacts" and floods your system with antibodies, hence the high fever and fatigue. The only instances where people are dying is from contracting pneumonia (not dying from swine flu), because the immune system eventually gives out under the swine flu pressure and you are susceptible to much more common things.

Basically, if you get the flu and are hitting 103+ fever, go to the doctor. They'll treat your symptoms and you'll be right as rain in about 48 hours, plus you will now be immune to Swine Flu for at least a few months (assuming it was Swine Flu and not the regular Flu).

Swine Flu will take out all of Mexico and once Zimbabwe bottles all of the lingering disease and sells it to North Korea to be used for chemical warfare, the US will colonize the land and grow weed, which will be legalized by the time the first batch is grown.

Economic crisis solved in one sentence. Move over, Barack.

The egyptian government ordered the slaughter of 300,000 pigs. Egyptian farmers are not too happy.
Other countries have banned the import and export of pork.

ummm... news flash to the ignorant. "Influenza A virus subtype H1N1" - Derives from one strain of human influenza virus, one strain of avian influenza virus, and two separate strains of swine influenza virus. It's not transfered from pigs to humans.

Stop being stupid.

yes ^ the average flu kills way more people than then this stupid virus. people need to get over it. put things back in to perspective.

The egyptian government ordered the slaughter of 300,000 pigs. Egyptian farmers are not too happy.
Other countries have banned the import and export of pork.

ummm... news flash to the ignorant. "Influenza A virus subtype H1N1" - Derives from one strain of human influenza virus, one strain of avian influenza virus, and two separate strains of swine influenza virus. It's not transfered from pigs to humans.

Stop being stupid.

How about this for a media footbullets.

Remember about 15 years ago when we had Cow Mad-Cow Disease.

There was Oprah Winfrey that cause a mass media outrage with over hyping mad cow which cost the US Cattle industry about $12 million dollars. Cattle industry sued for defamation, but she was able to get off the hook.

Then there was was Sizzlers (??) that make the announcement that they were only getting imported beef during the Mad Cow Disease scare. This bit of marketing only worked negitively for them as it just ****ed off a lot of the locals as the chain was not supporting the local meat industry.

The only thing that would make this dangerous is the fact we have no natural defense against this flu, we do against a lot of others, and can easily adapt, but if we keep up with the whole, hey you can't get sick thing, we will no longer have an immune system, thus causing the normal flu, to actualy become a serious concern.... IMO, overhyped, just like the Bird Flu, and that sars virus or w/e it was 6-7 years ago when I was in middle school.

But seriously, if you get it, IMO fight it off solo, let your immune system try to fight it, don't do anything stupid though, see a doctor if it starts to get really bad... That is how I have been since 8, and havent been sick since I was 13, at 13, I nearly died from the Flu, sick for nearly a month, but since then... I haven't been able to get sick at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom