Swine flu has 'pandemic potential'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my god, how many times do we have to say it? Mexico has crap health care, is it a surprise that more people are getting infected and people are dying?

17 people in Spain? REALLY? WOW! Can't be that any type of flu is CONTAGIOUS, can it? Can't be that it was probably in a REALLY POPULATED AREA?

Seriously, this is all media hype. This can basically be solved by, I don't know, going to the doctor when you feel sick. Simple as that. You aren't going to die if you have more than a few brain cells up there, and a doctor that isn't 300 miles away.

Yes, yes it does. But that line of thinking could lead me in a very heated conversation, haha. Let's stay away from that.

I mean, it's one thing to be cautious, but to get worked up about it makes no sense. Worry is the most useless emotion out there, since it really doesn't do anything. Being cautious can help, but worry never helps.

Worry, especially when faced but such abysmal numbers they're reporting, is really not needed. If you want to be cautious, fine. Do it.

Fair enough.

Yes, they are being over the top, yes theirs a 99percent chance nothing will come of the swine flu, but it pays to be cautious for the extremely unlikely event it does become a pandemic. As always, better to be safe than sorry.
Yes better to be safe than sorry. but seriously, come on. How much brain power does it take for anyone to really think about this?
Mexico has crap health care, is it a surprise that more people are getting infected and people are dying?.

That says it all right there.

Of all, yes ALL, the countries in the world who has some of the worst health care, Doctors, practices and all of that out there?

What is that you say? Mexico?

WOW. So 103 people die where their idea of clean water is something that i flushed the other day? You cant even DRINK the WATER in Mexico. Why are we so shocked that 103 died from the FLU?

Mak said:
WOW. So 103 people die where their idea of clean water is something that i flushed the other day? You cant even DRINK the WATER in Mexico. Why are we so shocked that 103 died from the FLU?
Exactly. I came back from Mexico with Montezuma's Revenge. While you can get over the flu in a week and be back to full strength in a couple of weeks, I was sick for weeks before the doctors figured out that it was a parasitic infection, and then another month before I was over it.

Swine flu is dangerous because we don't have much natural resistance to it, but it is not a huge danger to individuals. Should there be a massive outbreak of it the danger would be in the overtaxing of the health care system which could prevent it from aiding those in the most need, namely the very young and very old.

As I said before when there is some deaths in a western country and numbers of infected I will be worried, not exactly for myself but people like my father who has heart a condition and any cold or case of the flu could be lethal.

I am a young man healthy and I am up to date with my inoculations, if there was a mass out break then i would be worried especially if the NHS was seriously over stressed by it.

I'll get worried when the 103 dead mexicans walk out of the morgue moaning for brains.

A flu pandemic would kill millions but I think realistically the chances of any flu getting to the pandemic stage is very small, there are a lot of differences between now and 1918, anti-viral drugs and public awareness of infections for example. As I understand it our current anti-virals do work against this strain so it would only be a big worry if it mutated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom