Swine flu has 'pandemic potential'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!

My mother in law said something to this about me.

My response even wtih my 2 year old being here.

"How many people am I going to come in contact with that have been to any of these places?"

Give me a break. WAHH!!!! I might DIE.

No how about if your sick you go see a doctor?

Look at the stats.

Old People - not dying
Really Young people - not dying

Now lets think why is that? Oh wait i know why, one of them gets sick the first thing that is done they go see a DOCTOR.

Now lets look at who is dying. Young Adults in the 20's or so.

Now when was the last time you heard of a Young Adult in that age range going to the Doctor over a cold????

Yeah thought so. How about we stop buying into the media hype and believing ever single word they say? If you get a cold, do what you should. SEE A DOCTOR. Wow so tough.

Even being a parent i figured all of this out in the matter of 1 minute. I shrugged it off and i am not worried for my life, that of my 2 year old daughter or my wife of 2 years.

Cause for 1 the contact we might get with the people who travel enough to even get contact with someone who MIGHT have it is slim, let alone the fact that we WOULDNT go see a Doctor if we did.

So yeah MEDIA HYPE. Nothing more.

I'm so saving this post, just for the unlikely event it does become a global pandemic - it will then remain in my Sig forever (or 'till i'm dead..)

The figures do make me laugh though, "20 people have contracted the virus in the US" Lol, so what.. i'm sure 20x that amount of people die from the normal common Flu than that every day.

Save it take a screen shot of it really i dont care. The truth is that if my daughter gets a cold what am I going to do. Take her to the Doc. If my wife gets a cold the first place she is going is to the Doc.

Myself, i wont. So right there i only confirm what i said above.

Just over 30 and wont see a Doc even if i am dying. But i will take my wife and my child there at the first sign of it. Hypocritical? Maybe. They are insured and i am not. That makes a big difference here in the States. We dont have medical for everyone.

But frankly more people die and from stuff a lot less critical than the "Swine Flu" everyday. This is such a big deal for no reason.

I was reading that there is some people in queensland showing signs of it. However when it comes do Australia, we have the best quantine standards in the world. So I am really not worried.

^ And rember head shots are the only shots that count.

But seriously i am the only tech forums member really really ready for zombie a attack, food, water and boom stick.

My friend was so worried about the zombie apocalypse, he started making survival kits that could fit into altoids tins. They weren't too bad.

I was reading that there is some people in queensland showing signs of it. However when it comes do Australia, we have the best quantine standards in the world. So I am really not worried.

Turn out that the Queenlanders had some thing else.

Health experts in Britain are on high alert to prevent the spread of a new human strain of the swine flu virus.

The new strain has killed 103 people in Mexico, while cases have also been reported in the US, Spain and New Zealand.

Two people who were admitted to hospital in Scotland suffering "flu-like symptoms" after returning from Mexico continue to be tested and assessed. The pair are being kept in isolation in hospital after showing flu-like symptoms following a trip to Mexico.

A third Briton, who had been told to stay away from other people after he also returned from Mexico with flu-like symptoms, has now been cleared.

Spain's Health Ministry has confirmed Europe's first case of swine flu. It said another 17 people are suspected of having the disease. Health Minister Trinidad Jimenez said the confirmed case was a man who had recently been in Mexico. He said the man was responding well to treatment and was not in a serious condition.

Meanwhile, Health Secretary Alan Johnson said he had no doubt there would be more cases of travellers coming into the UK with flu-like symptoms and promised that they would be examined "very, very quickly" by the NHS.

Air passengers returning to Heathrow from Mexico City have been delayed on board in order to allow health officials to ask them if they felt unwell and to assess anyone's symptoms and travel history.

The NHS has a stockpile of more than £500 million of the Tamiflu anti-viral drug which has proved effective on patients in Mexico, and scientists are working on developing a vaccine against the new strain, said Mr Johnson.

Sir Liam Donaldson, the Government's Chief Medical Officer, said Britain would inevitably be hit by cases of swine flu at some point. He said plans were in place to prevent the spread of the disease if it reached the UK.

"I think it is inevitable that at some point we will have cases in the United Kingdom," he told BBC Radio 4's The World At One. "Hopefully, if we identify those early and treat people and their contacts, we might be able to reduce the spread."

Save it take a screen shot of it really i dont care. The truth is that if my daughter gets a cold what am I going to do. Take her to the Doc. If my wife gets a cold the first place she is going is to the Doc.

Myself, i wont. So right there i only confirm what i said above.

Just over 30 and wont see a Doc even if i am dying. But i will take my wife and my child there at the first sign of it. Hypocritical? Maybe. They are insured and i am not. That makes a big difference here in the States. We dont have medical for everyone.

But frankly more people die and from stuff a lot less critical than the "Swine Flu" everyday. This is such a big deal for no reason.

Fair enough.

Yes, they are being over the top, yes theirs a 99percent chance nothing will come of the swine flu, but it pays to be cautious for the extremely unlikely event it does become a pandemic. As always, better to be safe than sorry.

It really is a media hype. Brittany Spears hasn't choked and died in a puddle of her own vomit, Eminem is still white, Michael Jackson hasn't touched any kids recently (well I am sure he has but they haven't come forth yet), Miley Cyrus's myspace pictures aren't the hype anymore, the global economy is still in the gutter, Barack Obama is really the president of the United States...the media is just getting another boner. The white house reps did a Page Ranking on the Swine Flu yesterday and barely had anything to say on the matter, they just droned on and seemed to be repeating the same things. You know they aren't freaking out about it.

Edit: when typing P R it puts Pange Ranking. I meant Press Release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom