Sweet!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I was thinking. If you get a good enough PSU, my idea is that you could hook up the extra power to a fridge and microwave, and add to a water cooling system a porto potty, attach it under you chair, and bam! You never have to move! :D

We could also have the water cooling handle bathing and drinking, which would be easily done with some funnels.

*Goes to Home Depot* :freak:

The one thing that we would have to leave our compys for. Would have to be woman... wait no thats on the internet as well :D

did the hiper power both 4870's with no prob? were they overclocked or stock? i was thinking i would have to get a new PSU if i got another 4870 (i have a 550vx now).
It powered them okay, but the high speed of the rear fan, even on idle, lead me to suspect it was at its limits.
Though I also have a CPU with a 125W TDP, and 6 hard drives.

Isn't the Phenom 9600 95 watts? Its the 9700/9750 and above that are 125 watts.

Dude 6 Hard Drives!!! At least you don't have to worry about hard drives dying and all your info disappearing I suppose.

Isn't the Phenom 9600 95 watts? Its the 9700/9750 and above that are 125 watts.
I thought it was 125W. Maybe I'm wrong.
Dude 6 Hard Drives!!! At least you don't have to worry about hard drives dying and all your info disappearing I suppose.
Well I'm using about 80% of the space (out of ~3.5TB)
I was thinking of getting a couple of 1.5TB drives (hopefully I can get them both connected via the eSATA ports, with a couple of cables going to the outside)

3.5TB!!! I've been having trouble filling up 160 GB lol.

Should be nice to have over 7.5TB of space on your computer?

Since I been visiting Uncle Torrence more often recently, I decided to go with a 320 GB Drive as my Drive D and a 120 GB drive as my Drive C. Basically I m dual booting XP Professional.

so in that case, i should be fine with the 550vx i have now. how many amps does your PSU have on the 12V, apok?
do you use the power dongle converters to use 4 pin to 6 pin pcie connections or does your have enough for both cards? do you use 1 pcie from the psu to each card and then one converter to each card?

so in that case, i should be fine with the 550vx i have now. how many amps does your PSU have on the 12V, apok?
20A + 18A on the Hiper
60A on one rail with my new PSU (TX-750)
do you use the power dongle converters to use 4 pin to 6 pin pcie connections or does your have enough for both cards?
the Hiper PSU only came with 1 x 6 pin connector, and a molex to 6-pin adaptor. So I soldered a cable together with 2 x 6-pin connectors on the end, and another with 1 x 6-pin connector (each with 1 x molex connector), and used the PSU's original 6-pin connector.

But the TX-750 has 4 x 6-pin connectors already.
I've also put a blue LED fan into the TX-750 (Cooler Master 140mm), and it's being powered directly off +12V, instead of the fan speed controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom