SWAT team in FL shoots "armed" 8th grader

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a report in 11th grade about the video game thing. It's total B.S. that video games lead to this. They just make your brain a little more aggresive for a few hours, they don't brainwash you to go out and kill people. I think the kid got what was coming to him. He deserved it for breaking numerous laws.

Yeah. THis video game stuff leading to killing/suicide is nonsence. I remember a few weeks ago some dude jumped out a window (and died I think) and his parents suspect it was due to WoW.. Something to do with a level in WoW where when u jump you get "saved" or some crap like that :rolleyes:

It's easier for parents to blame their kids problems on everything except for them. :confused:

The kid had it coming.

Like I crash tactled my house mate because he was being stupid with a his transformer megatron gernation 1 toy.
Like he snuck on me, pointed the barrel at my head and sead "Hey"
r_megatron_1507.jpg

Minus the scope.

After crash tactling him and then realising that it was just his toy.
Then complained that it "Didn't I know it was a joke"

And then I told him, "The only thing I saw was a barrel of a gun pointed at my face at point place. Housemate, Freind or Complete Stranger off the street, I am not going to sit there and think whether or not it's a toy if the only thing in my face is a gun barrel."

Honestly, if some one is walking around with some thing that looks like a real gun, I am going to blame any one that take action against him. Whether that is some one calling the police. Or the police hitting them with gas granade or worse.

Once problem with CS Gas is that some people can have a nasty illergic reaction to it. And it not like Mr.SWAT officer is going to ask the guy with the gun if he is illergic to CS Gas because popping a grenade.

The kid's death is Darwimism In Action IMHO.

toxicity_27 said:
I did a report in 11th grade about the video game thing. It's total B.S. that video games lead to this. They just make your brain a little more aggresive for a few hours, they don't brainwash you to go out and kill people. I think the kid got what was coming to him. He deserved it for breaking numerous laws.

If video games made people violent, the japanesse would be all killers

I don't know, a lot of them get all tweaked up on meth and play DDR or other games like that :p

buuuuuuut the basic thing is what's been said.......it's easy to just blame something else instead of your bad parenting or perhaps the simple fact your kid was FUKKED UP.

I love GTA........I get to do things I can't in real life....things that I know are immoral, wrong, and illegal.......that's the whole point of video games is to do things you can't and enjoy a 'FAKE...........I repeat FAKE reality.'

I'm gonna go slash someone with a big freakin sword and blame final fantasy. I'll argue that I thought it would only take a few points from him and then it'd be his turn to slash me or cast magic on me. :rolleyes:

Nubius said:
I love GTA........I get to do things I can't in real life...

I hate GTA, too much for me, even if its fake. But thats exactly the point I'm trying to make. I can't get a M4A1 and go shoot some buggers in Iraq, so I go on Battlefield 2 and shoot them there. The plus side? I'm not killing real people. Parents should be freakin thankful for that. I can't get in a F-15 and go Bomb an enemy airbase in real life, so I do it in Battlefield 2. ****, if it wasn't for videogames, we might be seeing kids running around with Colts shooting their classmates to see how they respond, or to see what killing is like :rolleyes: .

story.comparison.jpg

Thats the comparison. The gun on the right is the BB Gun, the gun on the left is the real one. Its not a very good picture, but I saw it really close-up on CNN last night, and they look THE SAME. I'm serious, I have perfect eyesight, and I could barely tell the difference (the real one has some wood-ish thing on its handle or something).

AHA! But theres a catch. CNN.com says that the police were told that the gun was fake. Read Read Read.

FireFox said:
It all goes back to the family, really.

Not necessarily. The article said he had been bullied, assumingly by other students of the kid's school. The family may have had nothing to do with it.

Just sayin'.

I agree, while the Family argument has some merit, if I was a troubled and potentially suicidal teen, I wouldn't exactly tell my parents about it. And painting a gun black is very easy to hide.

Columbine on the other hand...Those kids had freakin Shotguns and Pipe Bombs in their rooms. This 8th grader simply painted a gun black. The Columbine kids' parents could've atleast checked the rooms...

I don't care if the cops were told before hand that it was fake. If it doesn't look fake then I'm not going to take the chance. The police probably kept it in mind, and if it was fake then it would have the orange tip, but it didn't....of course, NOW we know FOR SURE that it IS fake...

As I said before, you can't take that chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom