SURPRISE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke i am not trying to change anyones mind. But i can tell you from experience that Opera and IE to do the add ons, you are talking like maybe 1 or 2 extra steps. Most IE Addonds are simple click to install possibly a download to install.

Opera is setting up the Advanced menu to the proper folder location than making sure the JS files are in that location. There are tons of Opera things out there it is just people dont understand what to do to use them.

I have my Opera setup to be almost identical to Firefox. Adblock, NoScript, Flashblock and so much more are available. Yeah it takes me 2 extra steps, but it is worth it for the results.

never said they did not have addons, i said that they did not have as many. FF has a massive amount, and it is very easy to install and use them, that gives it an advantage over the other browser's, again if you use them. I honestly don't see how you can not consider that an advantage to people who use addons.

I am an unashamed FF fanboy. ;) However, I don't try to force it on anyone. People will choose it on its own merits, or not. I may suggest it, but I don't push it.

The problems the code has with IE is just that... a problem with IE. IE doesn't "follow the rules" that the rest of the world/net follows. Every web coder I know hates IE for this, as they have to write the site and then go back and add in what it takes for IE to render correctly.

Does that make IE "wrong" to use? No, because the end user never sees this or knows this. Browsers are like cars... they may look different but they all do the same thing.

I got confused if i was on the right site at first. But this theme is really awesome!! More easy on the guys for me as well. Love the new look tech forums!

Actually IE8 follows the same exact rules that Firefox 3 does. It is IE7 and before that has the problems. IE8 follows the same exact standards as FF3. They both pass Acid2 and fail Acid3 which is set forth by the W3C.

Now that being said, yes some aspects are not correct cause IE doesnt use the same exact code structure. It doesnt show the <div> or Frames the same exact way as FF. That is due to the Trident core of IE than IE itself. Since Gecko is used with Firefox and is open source it is much easier to find fixes for bugs and issues. While IE is closed source and bugs have to be reported to be fixed.

So it isnt that IE is all at fault. Yes i know that the bugs are IE specific, but there are also bugs with the WebKit based browsers as well. Check the site in Chrome or Safari and it will look different than it does in FF or Opera. A bug that is due to the rendering engine more than the browser as they follow the same rules as IE, FF and Opera.

So as you can see the bug present is not specifically IE's fault, but more of a fault with the Trident rendering engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom