surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surgical infections, especially from a pin going into the bone can get bad real quick. Mom's a nurse, you dont want to hear about all the infection related crap she sees.

Agreed. I've heard plenty of horror stories from my mom as well. I'm surprised I'm not a germaphobe myself. Get that **** checked out asap. Having to go back to base isn't nearly as bad as losing your hand.

I'll repeat what the others have said: Get it looked at immediately. Besides, if it's that bad, you might have some more time off to visit....unless the base is far away from where you are now.

Anyway, don't take chances.

Dave :D

if the infection doesn't get you to the doc
YOur hand will not heal right if you don't get the pins replaced ASAP. The infection can be taken care with antibiotics but if the hand doesn't heal right you could have alot of problems in the future. it sucks you have to go through the sugery again to fix the pin but it needs to be done.
The structure of the hand is more complicated then most think it is and not to mention the hardest to heal. It might give you more leave time. Good luck and i hope it all works out for you.

My father is doctor, and he came to the same conclusion as everybody's common sense here. go and get checked man.

i'll add to the sea of echoes. i've spent a reasonable amount of time in hospitals (visits not stays) and my grandmother is a nurse, aside from that my general knowledge also tells me that sort of infection is not something to toy with.

summary: better safe and with a hand that works properly than to chance it. no one has mentioned the worst case scenario and i won't either.

good luck!

well now theirs one bad problem, the only time i can be seen is tuesday lol. overnight the whole hand is swollen now. theirs bloody pus draining down my hand. so looks like im S.O.L. i guess im leaving my leave early. safe than sorry

not authorized to, its like if a tattoo artist starts a tat, u dont get another artist to finish it. they dont know what theyre dealing with, also no docs in the area accept tricare, thats the military insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom