supra vs skyline

Status
Not open for further replies.
on another note, after actually watching that video.........those subtitles are horrible. Have the time they aren't even depicting what the people are saying. When it says "Shxxxxxxxxxxt" the dude actually says something closer to "You serious!?" in marvel at the speed. They are trying to make it seem cooler..........psht, ruined my experience.

I wish I could drive that second one though. My dads truck as old as it is, is great since it's a clutch. I love the feeling of a manual car compared to automatics muchless if I had one of those crazy machines with the RPM's going up crazy fast and a lot of power behind it.

fr34ky said:
You must be smoking crack that mustang is probaly heavy and cannot
take a turn worth of poo.Yeah "maybe" that mustang would beat the 427 cobra on the 1/4 mile and I doubt that,but that mustang would get overlapped by the cobra on any track wide-open or a track with sharp curves.Those cobras handle like crazy and the acceleration cuase of their weight is so high.
Yeah, ok. :rolleyes:

Dude i went w/ my dad to pick up my mom and we heard 2 cars coming from behind us. Well one was a ricer and the other was a AC Cobra replica car which was HELLA nice. Well we where all at a stop sign then they took off. It was funny cause the ricer got stomped BAD. The Cobra even sat and gave him a headstart then launched and whooped him like no other. It was love to me lol.

original 427 cobra was first production car to do 0-60-0 in 10 seconds flat.........mustang doesnt even compare, although mustangs are much easier to drive

whoever posted a cobra handles better than a mustang cause its weight is so high???????WTF you been smokin? Handling is purely a function of lightweight and tire grip which is provided by HUGE sticky tires and a stiff suspension that keeps the wheels planted under hard cornering

lightweight car vs heavier car with same tires, lightweight car wins

cobra beats any stock mustang ive ever heard of in both lbs/hp and skidpad, until the first of the zr-1 vettes came out nobody even came close to matching the 427 cobra with a stock unmodified production car.........many had better top speed,a few handled better, none have the same complete package

Thank you!! Also, some guys mod it and mount 429s in there and most Cobras have high suspension and NICE tires. Only draw back is a 429 is heavy as ****.

429 weighs around 375lbs, isnt that heavy, heavier than a v-6 but not by as much as many would think

for those that have never actually seen a cobra up close, its a tiny little car, imagine a mazda miata made slightly bigger with a V-8 stuffed in it, huge brakes and tires, very stiff suspension, very loud sidepipe exhausts that are almost open headers

mustangs are bigger and heavier, have a higher CoG and arent balanced nearly as well

To make a mustang perform like a cobra you'd have to spend an obscene amount of $$, the cobra is a RACE car made so it can be street driven. The cobra's top end isnt all that great, which is why the gt-40 program was started to compete in europe at events like LeMans. The gt-40 was a lead sled till they put the 429 in it too.

Ive driven a cobra before, it is not a friendly car to drive, its very harsh, the steering is very very stiff, its not even very comfortable to sit in. It drives like a racecar, not a street car. It doesnt just fade into a drift or slide either, it isnt very friendly at its adhesion limit. It has so much torque even small throttle changes can snap the rear around quicker than you'd believe. It will lay rubber shifting gears even at 90mph. If you want a fairly cheap but good handling and comfortable fast car, get a vette from the late 80's early 90's or a porsche.

I got to sit in a Cobra w/ a 429 which was my dads friends. The thing was very uncomfortable and when my dad drove it (i was in the passenger seat) it looked like it WAS hard to drive but man it had power. Now an unbeatable car (stock w/ race package) i can think of would have to be Shelby GT500 KR. They didnt call it King of the Road for nothing. Its hard to believe that the thing was $4,195 original price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom