????? Supposed Free Ipod! Not A Scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe all this free-ipod crap is the result of some hippie cult that believes we're oppressing the iPods and they should be set free?

:confused:

Hippies are dumb....So this wild idea actually has some weight...

Hmm, if they say theres no risk maybe some of us should try it and see. My skepticism always stems from- a company lives on profit, where is the profit in this scheme? so if there is honest profit and legitimate ventures being made by companies than it can be real. Seems hard to believe that someones future business with a company is worth that much (especially with how much advertising there is), and how would they know how a targeted group responds to a type of advertising? so if i get a free ipod, then im gonna be so happy that i buy from some company? or is it kinda like these mail-in-rebate deals that people get and most dont mail in on time or correctly so they think theyre gettin a good deal when they actually are letting themselves be used becaus theyre lazy, its a very good strategy, Us at Officemax saw it all the time, but few people actually do the rebates, I know I didnt most of the time, but i counted my spenditures as After rebate price.

eh, people get their free ipods after 3-4 months.. way too time consuming, and people end up giving up halfway. these extras are what help gratis make money and pay for the free ipod. Personally I think it is a smart thing. For effective advertising, aol spends nearly 20 million a year anyway.. so I believe they are rerouting their strategies and whatnot... havent got a "join aol today! we are giving away free pop-up blockers!!" for a while.

and apple stock triples again...

FoxyLoxy said:
a company lives on profit, where is the profit in this scheme?

Okay. We see all these people coming in posting their reference links desperately trying to get people to click the link and sign up for their iPod. Apparently friends won't just do it for you. We SLAM them with things like Silesia's anti-spammer posters and such...other places are doing MUCH the same because of the huge annoyance.

The idea is it is not nearly as easy as you'd THINK to get 5 people to sign up under your reference number. The company probably LOSES some money for those who get 5 references, but their profit comes as the following: MOST PEOPLE WILL NOT GET FIVE PEOPLE TO SIGN UP. Simple as that. People don't complete the five people for their iPod, the company doesn't send an iPod and still pockets the money from the 'offers'. Easy.

And judging by the fact that they still exist, it's been working for them. IP addresses of sign-ups are probably recorded so that people cannot just make five hotmail addresses and get through. Additionally they must get whatever bulk discounts for purchasing the sheer number of iPods they get.

edit, disclaimer: The above is my theory. I do not actually have any inside information from freeipods and I do not actually know if this is actually how they manage to function. Statistics from them might help prove or disprove this.

I heard that when you get a "free iPod", you get a bunch of other junk that you don't need and/or want.

Some of these sites are actually legit, I have a friend how had his Ipod mailed to him a few days ago, no strings attached.

Kevin Rose did the free ipod thing, and some of his friends too and they all got their ipod mini's. He is going to try the free mini mac, i am sure he will get that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom