SuperPI? Go die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
Why does my system get horrible SuperPi results? Even overclocked to 2.8GHz from 2.2 stock on my A64 3500+, I only get 47 seconds on 1M... What gives?!

WorldIndustries said:
Why does my system get horrible SuperPi results? Even overclocked to 2.8GHz from 2.2 stock on my A64 3500+, I only get 47 seconds on 1M... What gives?!

Probably your ram,Super PI is really dependent on memory,I'm getting the same as you with my system - 3000+ @ 2.3Ghz with 512mb pc-2700 :confused:

Does it make that much difference? What difference is it gonna make if I buy generic DDR400 RAM from my 266 RAM I have now? Or would it be better to buy premium RAM? I'd have to play with the latencies to get a better SuperPi time too, correct?

Super PI is a very ram depend program, it's not the amount of ram but the speed. You would notice a nice difference between the ram you have now and a cheap 1GB kit of DDR400.

Deathawk said:
Are you going to upgrade your computer JUST to get higher benchmarks?

That's what i was thinking too :confused:

I don't care how my comp bench's or compare's to other's,As long as it doe's everything i want it to who care's about super pi or 3dmark's ;)

I have G.Skill value RAM on my socket 754 ClawHammer setup. At 2.52 GHz, I can get 38 second superPI.

What kind of value RAM do you have?

EDIT: I just noticed that your signature says you have DDR226 RAM. That could be your problem right there. That is some slow RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom