Suitable Reward????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
2 months I posted about how I lost about $300 worth of music CDs on the bus when i was comming home one night.
And to my bitter luck,
- all of the cds where my favorites.
- half the cds where hard to get imports
- the other half where no longer avalable in stores. Eg. Resident Evil and Strange Days Sound tracks

Anyways, on my way home 2 night ago, the bus driver came up to me asking if I had lost some thing on the bus a few months back.
It turns out that he found my CD wallet. It's just that we kept on missing each other and we was on holidays for the last month.

Anyways, I am getting re-united with my lost CD wallet and CDs tonight on the 6:13pm bus. I am trying to work out what would be a suitable reward for this guy.

give him a dinner for 2 at your favorite place
NOTE: not hooters do he migth want to take his wife :p

Possibly a gift certificate for a music store...fits the bill for relevency to the act anyway...:cool:

XT said:
give him a cd out of your pack(his choice)

Considering my taste is music and the fact all those cds are my favorite..... I don't think i will be going that far....

Beside, judging from his age, i don't think he's the music type.
We are not talking AutoMan from the Simpsons here.

You could, ...damnit that's innapropriate anarchy....

Usually bus drivers are such good hearted people, a material gift will have no meaning to them. They want you to know you respect and appreciate what they do. I don't think money or a gift-certificate would best fit this job.

Write him a really nice thank-you note on flowery stationary. He'll appreciate that you're thankful enough for him that you'll put your masculinity on the line.

Perhaps this is too late, but you could always just thank him by saying "thank you so much, you have no idea how much these CD's mean to me!" And just express your feelings in words. :) Because I feel that sometimes, when you give a gift to someone for an act of kindness, a flashy gift may make the person on the recieving end feel that you felt the need to one-up their act of kindness with your gift.

Wow... good luck understanding any of that:eek: Well, I know what I mean anyways...

Silesia said:
2 months I posted about how I lost about $300 worth of music CDs on the bus when i was comming home one night.
And to my bitter luck,
- all of the cds where my favorites.
- half the cds where hard to get imports
- the other half where no longer avalable in stores. Eg. Resident Evil and Strange Days Sound tracks

Anyways, on my way home 2 night ago, the bus driver came up to me asking if I had lost some thing on the bus a few months back.
It turns out that he found my CD wallet. It's just that we kept on missing each other and we was on holidays for the last month.

Anyways, I am getting re-united with my lost CD wallet and CDs tonight on the 6:13pm bus. I am trying to work out what would be a suitable reward for this guy.

Crap!

I didnt see the post you made about 2 months ago, but what happened sounds pretty bad.

I hope you find the guy who did it, and not only get your stuff back, but hopefully kick his a$$ along with that.

Geez, if I found the guy I know I would sure put a hurting on him, especially considering it was 300$ worth of stuff.........wow.

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom