Stupid Quicktime

Status
Not open for further replies.
tommyboy123x said:
im pretty sure, not completelly however, that apple made it so that ONLY itunes works with iPods... although im sure you could add files yourself, its all encrypted when you put them on, which makes it harder...

but yeah, i read about this dude who was fighting for "digital rights"... he touched on that subject (how apple is limiting users) and then hes like "yes, i predict the next big battle is pirating video"... uhh... i think thats already here :confused:

he made that site mp3.com, now he sold it for like 5 million and started a site where you store your mp3's on it, and have a password... kind of like a locker, i think it was mp3tunes.com or something similar

www.defectivebydesign.org

I can't say much, but I am one of those guys fighting for our digital rights. :D

talldude123 said:
The last Mac i used was an Imac with the CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive, blue.

It was 400Mhz, 128MB RAM, and...painfully slow. Never gonna use a Mac again. And can't you buy 2-button mice?

That's like saying "I drove a 1982 Toyota Corola last week, it was horrible! I would NEVER want a 2007 Lexus."

And yes, you can just plug in a multi-button mouse.

As a couple people have already said, Mplayer. Why bother with multiple players when one can suffice? Anyway, it would be nice if Microsoft and Apple could have worked with non-proprietary standards and not have created this format mess that does nothing but inconvenience everyone. It's ridiculous. Screw Windows Media and Quicktime. And Real for that matter (even though, unlike Microsoft and Apple, they actually have Linux players).

Nubius said:
I don't have to own a mac to say it sucks. I've used them before, and for people like qiranworms who I know will slam me for this if I don't address it, it WAS during the OSX days.
Not to start a long argument here, but I still don't think using something a few times is sufficient to truly judge it definitively. It's a different system, certain things work differently that you can't really get used to without using it regularly. Try switching for a month ;) (obviously totally unpractical/unreasonable for most people). Anyway, liking the platform doesn't make me like the formats the company uses for certain products, so don't accuse me of being an apologist for the situation this thread is about.

Had to attempt to slam you somehow...you made the suggestion in your post, after all :p

hahahahahaha

thats almost as helpful as my post

i love how ag3's got like 1500 posts
I'm dead serious though. Back when I first signed up here, he helped me with my overclocking and things like that.

Not to start a long argument here, but I still don't think using something a few times is sufficient to truly judge it definitively. It's a different system, certain things work differently that you can't really get used to without using it regularly. Try switching for a month (obviously totally unpractical/unreasonable for most people). Anyway, liking the platform doesn't make me like the formats the company uses for certain products, so don't accuse me of being an apologist for the situation this thread is about.
I took a graphic design class at the college. That's a 16 week semester, 3 days a week using those stupid things, and yes this was with MacOSX. I will openly admit, the mac I actually owned was back in 1995 and it was using like......macos 7.5.2 or something like that, maybe not even that.

AND come to think of it, I did get a virus on that stupid computer and it was the first computer/virus experience I ever had.......on a MAC!

so don't accuse me of being an apologist for the situation this thread is about.
I never said that because you're an advocate for mac that you are a full on supporter of everything they create. I made a seperate comment towards you that was based off my original "Macs suck" comment, and as I've seen you say before to the guy talking about all mac users say windows sucks for x reason, you were saying windows users say macs sucks based on their experience with the ones from elementary school.

Also, I will be forced to use a Mac when taking the audio production in seattle.

Had to attempt to slam you somehow...you made the suggestion in your post, after all
No, I never suggested you do anything. I simply predicted your actions and even when the main issue was addressed, you apparently still felt it necessary to go out of your way to attempt to 'slam me'

Either way, the main point of this thread was to rant about quicktime because I have never liked that stupid software and I blame apple for its creation.

Yep, I have to admit, I was EXTREMELY surprised to see that Real released a player for Linux. I actualy get to use it some times. I just wish they made a browser plugin to. But most of the time I just use Totem, which handles everything you throw at it. Even broken video streams, lol.

Nubius said:
No, I never suggested you do anything. I simply predicted your actions and even when the main issue was addressed, you apparently still felt it necessary to go out of your way to attempt to 'slam me'
Sorry. You know, this is beginning to make me realize how much I like arguing in general. I think I should lay off a bit.

Either way, the main point of this thread was to rant about quicktime because I have never liked that stupid software and I blame apple for its creation.
Alright. I don't particularly like Quicktime either. End at that.

We need an "MP3" of video formats. I'm not talking in technical terms, what I mean is we need a format that's used online almost all of the time, like MP3 is. We need to eliminate any need for people to bother with having to play multiple formats all the time, or the nicer content creators having to provide multiple formats all the time.

Or maybe everyone should just get Mplayer ;).

Quicktime blows. So does Media Player but 10 fold.

I'd rather go with something that isn't complete trash like Media Player.

I dont get it, ag3 doesn't post for 8 months, then posts a blank post and now this?

What gives ag3?

Edit, another blank post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom